Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** After Action Report *** - 1/23/18 AK tsunami bug out

Default *** After Action Report *** - 1/23/18 AK tsunami bug out

love reading after action reports of real life experiences from prepared preppers - their bug out organization plans - what worked - what didn't - changes needed to made - additional prep supplies required ....

the following AAR pertains to the tsunami warning for Kodiak Island Alaska that occurred on January 23rd following the 8.0 earth shaker that was almost dead center to that island ....

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/print...2&pp=40&page=1
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 01-26-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Good find. Thank
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Good read. Nothing earth-shattering but a few good personal observations, first-hand.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

like bruss said, it is a good read, those first hand accounts usually are.
    one thing that comes to mind that seems to always run thu these things is organization and planning.
    gotta know where stuff is and have a checklist.

my personal observation - according to that AAR many of the church group members came rushing up to that higher elevation assembly point - empty handed ....

perhaps a pre-positioning of a 54 foot CONEX box in the far unused corner of that lot - give the members storage space for a couple of Action Packer type containers for personal gear/belongings ... ?????

I've thought about putting a small utility trailer in my garage basically ready to go except maybe for ammo and firearms. Living in rural Texas I'm not sure there is a huge urgency to get moving, but need to be on the road before roadblocks started going up, which I think would take a few days.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Living in rural Texas I'm not sure there is a huge urgency to get moving, but need to be on the road before roadblocks started going up
    for sure you don't have any quick onset tsunami's hitting you and I bet you are already prepared to "shelter in place" for hurricanes that might make it your way.

don't count on it taking days to get the road blocks up though.

John......Alaska.....? You on break or hunkered down in the bunker?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I've thought about putting a small utility trailer in my garage basically ready to go except maybe for ammo and firearms. Living in rural Texas I'm not sure there is a huge urgency to get moving, but need to be on the road before roadblocks started going up, which I think would take a few days.
    The wife and I are going to do this with a 24' travel trailer. I'm getting one from a coworker that needs minor roof work, carpet, and tires. We have already started gutting some of the cabinets to modify for a gun locker. It will be one of those simple sheet metal ones from Walmart/Cabelas built into the wall. I already have a genset that will handle the load, and will build a rack to put it on the back of the trailer. If we need to GTFO, I simply load up, hook up, and haul out. I have 2 rigs that will pull it no problemo.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), Come and get them!

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

**** BUMP **** >>>>> because of the recent AK earthquake someone was asking about this earlier posting ....

the same writer also posted an AAR of their recent bug out experience - I'll see if I can find it ....