Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safecastle introduces an all Terrain powerful 500W, 48V FAT Tire e bike

So I'd have to ride it approx. every 45 days or so for it to work a few years from now? Or could it lie dormant and be recharged later?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    So I'd have to ride it approx. every 45 days or so for it to work a few years from now? Or could it lie dormant and be recharged later?
    Ideally if you use bike daily you should charge daily
    In this case if you charge within 60 days you should be fine
    Anything more than that efficiency will start dropping. Battery life depends a lot on other things like temperature, conditions etc.

So regular use is recommended.
    Prepare & Fortify - Safecastle.com
    Coupon Bunker - SafecastleBunker.com

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    $7k for a bicycle? I hope you are joking and it was really a Harley.
    Well my Harley was a little more than that, but yea, that's kinda what I thought when I saw the price tag. This had no motor, but I think carbon frame and the big fat tires, fatter than the back tire on my Banana bike about 45 years ago. Dang i miss that bike and the good time I had on it. Simple times.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Safecastle View Post
    Ideally if you use bike daily you should charge daily
    In this case if you charge within 60 days you should be fine
    Anything more than that efficiency will start dropping. Battery life depends a lot on other things like temperature, conditions etc.

So regular use is recommended.
    I already ride my mountain bike now getting back into shape. Was only interested in this as a SHTF scenario. Just like all my other supplies, buy and store for a rainy day. Food gets rotated but riding and using this bike will wear it out over time I figure. Do you have any longevity info on it?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Check out the latest review we got

Maiden voyage
    I took this beast of a bike out after a quick and simple assembly session. I would say I am at the end of the spectrum when it comes to height/inseam. i'm 5' 6" with a 29" in seam and there is a narrow margin for error on this bad boy. We had a light dusting of snow on my first run and I scooted around my acre yard at a good pace. It takes me a while to get used to a bike after being off of one for many months and this was no different. I managed to spill it once and had a good laugh at myself. I am looking forward to some more time on it and I need to fine tune the shifting a bit but that is not uncommon on a regular bike. It is robustly made and looks like a beast. I noted there were a few scratches here and there while unpacking it but no bother. I look forward to getting some more time on it soon. - John P