Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remodeling our kitchen

Default Remodeling our kitchen

image.jpg

Next project, the living room. Got big plans!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

That's beautiful Cammie, tell us about the wood
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

The cabinets were given to us when we built the added on kitchen. I think I remember hubs telling me they were oak. I stripped them down and used vinegar and steal wool to age the wood on the cabinets.

The back boards over the counter is refinished old barn wood stained in a golden maple and the island wood is white pine, aged and distressed with a dry brush paint and sealed. The top is 2x6's fine sanded, aged then marble stained with three different hues of stain and sealed and heat buffed for a polished look.

We're also going to redo the floors with end cut 6"x6"X1/2" cedar and place them like tiles. It'll really be nice when we're finished.
    Hubs does this for a living. All my lumber is FREEEEEE!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

That sure is beautiful !

I think so too. That's why I chose this decor. It's rustic, warm and cozy. Just how I like it. I spend an Insurmountable time in my kitchen so why not enjoy my surroundings.

Looks awesome, Cammie.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Wow, from the picture the island top looks like stone. Fantastic!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Nope. If you enlarge the pic, you can faintly see the lines running lengthwise, and the wood grain.

Very nice Cammi. Enjoy
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Looks awesome
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge