Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy from Illinois

Default New guy from Illinois

New to prepping...Only about a year into it. Hoping to learn as much as I can as fast as I can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Welcome! If you have any prepping questions then just ask. Most active members here have been prepping for a long time.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Welcome Oldgeek, Check out the many many informative posts and throw out some ideas or concerns of your own. Most here don't bite.

Welcome
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Hello and welcome.

Feel free to discuss your situation and what kind of prepping interests you most... some folks are very hush hush but you get better advice and tips when you lay out some general areas of interest. And we welcome seeing your preps and projects in progress. That's how we all share and learn.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Welcome to the forum, I started prepping by adjusting what was in my EDC (every day carries) in my pocket....folding knife, tacticle pen, mini flashlight, hankercheif, lighter, and sometimes, my CCW. I then went on making a small, short term, workable "get home" bag for my car, and am now working on getting home provisions a long term crisis.....good luck !

Welcome aboard...
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I started prepping by adjusting what was in my EDC (every day carries) in my pocket....folding knife, tacticle pen, mini flashlight, hankercheif, lighter, and sometimes, my CCW. I then went on making a small, short term, workable "get home" bag for my car, and am now working on getting home provisions a long term crisis.....good luck !
    Sounds like the path I am already on. Have workable get home bag in my car as well as wife's work vehicle. Started on some long term food stuff...heatable stuff but need to work on food stuff to actually use in cooking not just the heat and serve stuff.

Ammo and weapons a work in progress...at least when the Mrs let's me spend some money

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    Ammo and weapons a work in progress...at least when the Mrs let's me spend some money
    I was briefly an Illinois resident back in the 90's (about 18 months).

With the firearms I understand there is a FOID card that must be renewed every so often, or else when it expires they show up to relieve you of your guns which you are no longer "licensed" to possess. Have I got that right? If so I suppose that's a day to mark on the calendar "renew FOID". Is it also required to purchase ammunition? Are there difficulties from ordering ammo over the web?
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Welcome aboard !