Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been a few years, but I have returned. And here again.

welcome back from a fellow Hoosier

Don't forget you may also need a voltage regulator to go along with the alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by macaw View Post
    Don't forget you may also need a voltage regulator to go along with the alternator.
    Most of them are internal to the alternator. But they have to be connected properly.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

This idea would possibly work with an active windmill, or hydro system that is geared for turning the alternator at the correct minimum RPM. This would not work when trying to use an electric motor run by it's own charged batteries. I think it could start the motor, and run for awhile, but diminishing returns would happen on the charging side, compared to the motor draw.

In effect, the motor might run for a bit longer while charging it's own batteries, rather than just drawing on the batteries with no charging

The whole point of making the machine, is testing the alternators after I repair them and replace all of the parts internally to make sure they are operational before I sell them. I get them from the junkyard and I will test them when I get them home, I will also replace the bad parts and resell them. The whole point, is to supplement my disabled income because I desperately need it and something to keep me busy during the days.
    Find me at:
    http://preparingtolive.blogspot.com/