Thread: black phone

Default black phone

Has anyone gone this route for they're group? I know that some things seem to be able to encrypt comms and you can even talk like radio encryption when the cell towers go down. What is the groups thoughts on this??

https://www.silentcircle.com/product...tions/devices/

Not me, anything I have that private can be discussed person to person.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Agree Flock. I don't trust anything electronic to discuss sensitive subjects
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    Agree Flock. I don't trust anything electronic to discuss sensitive subjects

Especially anything that depends on the honest efforts of someone else, in this instance in writing the encryption and maintaining the keys.
    Good medicine in bad places

Agree...unless you have a obscure little known language like the Navaho code talkers.

Orangetom

Hey we are not Felons doing anything Illegal. That being said any amount of extra security is a plus. I was looking at the fact that they have encryption and can be used when cell towers go down to others with the same system. I do speak several other languages, an one is very hard to learn for others not raised speaking it. I also live in a native area and speak some Choctaw. I could see this being used for emergency comms alla were going to plan Bravo Kilo Whiskey. The added encryption and able to use with out cell towers could give you an advantage. I would also like to hear other veiws on best forms of comms in a cell grid down scenario...

Broadcasting anything during difficult times just might bring hostiles to your location. I plan on listening for any activity on the airwaves.

I use old typewriters to make art out of and have been saving out nice little functioning portable typewriters. Typewritten messages delivered by runner is one way to send complicated messages securely.