Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Troll View Post
    This forum just loves people from California.
    We really pity people from Cali because the ones that are interested in this lifestyle are worth pitying. Welcome, glad you found us and yea, whats an herbalist?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Herbal medicine ? If so , I for one have some questions for you .

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Herbal medicine ? If so , I for one have some questions for you .
    No kidding. Even if it's pot, I'm curious. What they show on tv now is nothing like what I saw in HS. I sucked at pot, only wanted to go to sleep.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I've been studying herbal and native American medicine. I very much distrust the pharmaceutical industry and the medical field. The medical field only because I assume they are under studied and profit driven.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I've been studying herbal and native American medicine. I very much distrust the pharmaceutical industry and the medical field. The medical field only because I assume they are under studied and profit driven.
    You and me, both Flock! I'm a B-I-G believer in natural medicines...especially preventive medicine. I have a whole rack of essential oils and use them all the time. My daughter is a distributor of a particular brand of essential oils...won't mention the brand, but its probably the best you can get. Many of them, oregano for one, have both antibiotic and antiviral qualities. Look at the fact sheet that comes with any prescription medicine and check the L-O-N-G list of possible side effects of them. Sooooooo many uses for natural medicines, and they have NO...ZERO...side effects. Someone mentioned mullein being used as toilet tissue and for covering wounds. It can be used for a lot more than that. You can make a tea of it, or smoke the dried leaves for treating asthma...and a host of other uses. Plaintain, a "weed" that grows in the yard, can be used to stop bleeding. Also, melt vasoline petroleum jelly in a double pot, cut up some plaintain leaves and toss them in for a bit. strain and when it sets up again use for treating eczema. I became seriously interested in natural medicine and medicinal plants about thirty five years ago, and have been doing a lot of study and research on it ever since. I could talk about this subject all night, but I won't use up the space, but for those who aren't sure, there is MUCH merit in learning the benefits of natural medicines and medicinal plants...and how to use them properly. Food for thought for the skeptics....where you gonna get your medicines when SHTF and the corner pharmacy is no more? The paddles (leaves) of prickly pear cactus...after you remove the spines from them...can be peeled sliced and cooked like green beans. Its good for controlling blood sugar and treatment or some types of diabetes. Yarrow, boneset...I could go on and on, but as I stated, would take up way too much space to put it all here. Do some research. It'll be WELL worth one's time.
    Last edited by beowulf; 12-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Welcome. As one who grew up in Oakland near Alcatraz & Telegraph Avenues back in the days when they still had electric trains runnin' there, I saw most of the early changes firsthand. Haven't been back to the Bay Area this century and ain't likely to ever be there again.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Welcome aboard...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...