Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got babies!!

Default I've got babies!!

Surprise! I figured she was bred, but had no idea she was that far along. Oopsies! So now I have two little winter babies. I found them Monday at 3pm, all fuzzy and good to go, Nigerian Dwarf goats can be pretty easy kidders. I had to work 6pm-midnight, so I bought a couple of xxs chihuahua sweaters for them and stopped by after work (at 1am). I had been there a couple minutes when it sounded like a portal to hell opened up and a contingent of howler demons had poured out. Seriously, it was terrifying. After the initial horror subsided, I determined that it was a 5+ pack of coyotes near by. Still, terrifying in the moment. I actually took a recording of the sound, it was so creepy. Anyway, sitting they in the goat house in the dark with my new little babies revealed to me that their living situation was not ideal for a coyote situation. This weekend I will attempt to build a fortress and I'll have to start coming out two times a day to lockup/release them everyday. I was planning on that anyway, because of the freezing water situation.

They are both girls, and the one with the white on the head has wattles like her momma.

24774740_10208261589456007_3038980021140064554_n.jpg
    24300962_10208261590776040_7713064728882116306_n.jpg
    24232149_10208257060582788_447995791744587657_n.jpg

Can't let my wife see this , she'll want them both !!!

They are addicting!

Those coyotes can make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Many years ago a pack of them started yelping and barking and howling behind me when I was in a deer stand at about 5:30 in the morning. That is not the preferred way to wake up when you are studying the backs of your eye lids.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Those coyotes can make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Many years ago a pack of them started yelping and barking and howling behind me when I was in a deer stand at about 5:30 in the morning. That is not the preferred way to wake up when you are studying the backs of your eye lids.
    I don't study mine, Cav, I just check'em for holes.

Beo, LOL..

Renee, awwww, so precious! Great photos too!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Awesome! $$
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Terrific! New life...
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

We bring our heavy bred mommas into the house and into hay barn and enclose them in hog panels. Not that I don't think an adult Boer could take on a coyote one on one. Still, good to keep the kids out of the weather for first few days. Don't need them sunburn down on the border in winter.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

We are in the process of selling our house so we can move deeper into the woods with more land. When we do my daughter wants some baby goats that she can put pajamas on. She is very excited to play with baby goats. Best of luck with little ones.
    Vox Populi!