Thread: Small cabin on 0.67 acres, BOL ready

Default Small cabin on 0.67 acres, BOL ready

My dad has decided to sell his weekend getaway place. I lived in this cabin for several months and because of this I did a few improvements focused on making it into a bug out location.

This property is located in Brazos county, east of Bryan Texas. It is 0.67 acres with a 600 square foot cabin. There is a small creek on one side of the property that feeds into a private 50 acre lake. The only access to the lake is if you own lake front property. When the lake is up, you do have lake front property. This lake is stocked with bass and crappie. Deer and hogs are commonly seen a mile from the property as well.

The cabin is a single large room with a separate bathroom and a small closet. It has an old septic tank that works good and has never given us any problems. Heat comes from a single Dearborn propane heater, and electric heaters if needed. The stove/oven is from an RV, has 4 burners, and an oven that works but is stuck on 425 degrees. The water comes from a community water coop that, last I checked, did not add fluoride to the water. There are 2 shut off valves that I installed on the main water line so i could easily turn on the secondary water system which consisted of a 40 gallon RV fresh water tank and a Surflow pump(i dont know if my dad left those or not, but either way it is already plumbed for this setup). To supplement this is a 150 gallon rain catchment system which collects water from the metal roof which I installed in 2012. There is also a custom cabinet I built inside the cabin for 6 large sealed AGM batteries(batteries not included). Conduit is ran to make installing solar panels easier.

Keep in mind this is not a move-in-ready place. It needs work but can easily be made into a BOL once again. Asking price is $50k. The exact location will not be posted publicly here for obvious reasons. I can answer questions here, or through PMs. If you are serious, my dad and I can show you the property.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Good luck bud.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Sounds like a place to be for interesting times. Even for a two week reset of the economy it would be so much better than a condo in the big city.

You might say a little about neighbors, year rounders, crazys, preppers, weekend fishing addicts?

A person could pay more for less in other parts of the country.

Sounds nice, I'd love having something similar within a 4-5 hour drive. Good luck with the sale!
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
    Sounds like a place to be for interesting times. Even for a two week reset of the economy it would be so much better than a condo in the big city.

You might say a little about neighbors, year rounders, crazys, preppers, weekend fishing addicts?

A person could pay more for less in other parts of the country.

Good point on the neighbors. This cabin is located about a mile from the closest farm to market road. It is on a dead end dirt road so the only people driving down the road are property owners, or the mail man. The road is only about a quarter of a mile long and I have a lot of family living down this road. A great uncle, a couple of cousins, grand mother, and an aunt live out there. For the most part it is a quiet area, except for occasionally the Hispanics crank up their stereos. Besides them, it is mostly a lot of good hard working people that live out there.

How far from BCS? I like Tejano music.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    How far from BCS? I like Tejano music.
    About 10 miles to the east/north east.

Is that close to OST, or Cooks Point? Or, is it in the direction on Navasota?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Is that close to OST, or Cooks Point? Or, is it in the direction on Navasota?

It is close to Kurten.