Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montana cold and crisp but sunny.

Default Montana cold and crisp but sunny.

Got down to zero the other night. We are still looking for more folks interested in being prepared for what is coming. Our private apt in our house is open right now if anyone is interested in spending some time in big sky country.

Yea, I had to put a jacket on with my shorts this morning. After filling feeders down at the ranch near Mx border, I headed home and hit the front driving north. Plunged from high 80's to 76 and then down to about 50 now. Freezing, I tell you.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Freezing, I tell you.
    Freezing is when you can't get the truck door to open because it is frozen shut, like yesterday morning.

Freezing is when you drive into town to the laundromat and the liquid detergent you have sitting on the floorboards freezes.

I really don't mind the cold, it kills pests in the garden and keeps some of the two legged pests far away in warmer climes.

Yea, I did a little time near Absorka one fall many years ago, and a winter in NW Kansas, I've seen some relatively cool weather, wether hauling 75 lb hay bales thru thigh deep snow, or bringing cattle in by horseback in a blizzard. Also have claimed up in derricks coated with ice to clear a shiv of ice in south Texas.

Still, when you go from 85 and sun in shorts, to 45 and drizzle it's friggin cold.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
    Freezing is when you drive into town to the laundromat and the liquid detergent you have sitting on the floorboards freezes.

I really don't mind the cold, it kills pests in the garden and keeps some of the two legged pests far away in warmer climes.
    No, freezing is when you go to the range, and your bullets leave contrails from muzzle to target.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

I can handle the cold/snow/rain/grey skies, but what makes me shudder is the winds that we get in the flatlands of NW Ohio, combined with the cold......subzero wind chills that find exposed skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    No, freezing is when you go to the range, and your bullets leave contrails from muzzle to target.
    That would be something cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    That would be something cool to see.
    If it drops to -40 like it did last year, I'll crack out the camera. They weren't heavy like a jet at high altitude, however you could see a faint contrail, especially off the rifle rounds. My bud's Mosin left the most distinct trail.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

-40 uhhhh no thank you. That's about 45 degrees too cold for me.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.