Thread: kerosene heater and wood stove heater fan

Default kerosene heater and wood stove heater fan

Owner/mods if this is in the wrong place please move or delete.
    In a few days im going to order a kerosene heater I was wondering if a wood stove heater fan will work if placed on top of the kerosene heater. thanks

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VonHaus-4...-Fan/704456096

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dyna-Glo-...eater/36889683
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security."

The fan is supposed to start working at only 122 degrees so it should work OK on the kerosene heater. Just never get up to top speed.

I think I'd set an open ended barrel to be heated by heater and blow fan through it. Heated barrel would radiate as much heat as heater would, I think, and not affect airflow for heater flame.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

It all boils down to how much area you want to heat and how cold it is outside. I assume you have used the kerosine heaters before.

It's 2 degrees here this morning, I am heating my drafty little shop with a 55 gallon barrel stove that consumes cut up pallets at an alarming rate.

Y'all put a little antifreeze in your coffee? That's just too cold.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Kerosene heaters all seem to have that smell that gives me a headache after awhile. I have burnt seasoned firewood for 22 years now in a highly efficient sealed woodburner, and can hardly ever smell any smoke in the house, and not very often out of the house. If you are burning properly, you shouldn't even see smoke most of the time.

I do burn a little bit of waste oil in my woodburner to help get the fire going better in the morning, but just don't like the idea of a flammable liqid fuel in the shop, or house. A blower would help circulate, but I don't use one.