Thread: Bandit Buster

Default Bandit Buster

There is a store not to far from where I live that sells nothing but clearance items from big chain stores. A resale shop in a way. Well, I go in there occasionally to see what I can find. The last few times I’ve gone in there and seen a “Bandit Buster”. Not knowing what it was I went online to find out about it.

It is a cordless microphone and infrared detector. It has a base station that communicates with one or two detectors. You can listen in remotely to what is going on at the detector and it will alert you if the infrared detector senses heat from someone’s body.

So this little store had them marked at $90. That is too rich for my blood, but nothing in this store sells for the amount on the tag as pretty much everything is marked down all the time. I decided to take a chance and see what it rang up for. $9 is what the register said on the display! SOLD!!!!!

So I’ll be playing with this and will see how it does and if it is worth the $9 I paid for the system with 2 cordless detectors.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Neat! Who makes these things ?

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Neat! Who makes these things ?
    I’ll have to get back to you on that. I plan on testing it by putting it in my garage and keeping the garage door open in the middle of the day. I also have an extra baby monitor that I will put beside it so I can see exactly what is going on. The really cool thing about all of this is both the Bandit Buster and the baby monitor both run off of DC power so even if we have a grid down situation these will all still work hardwired to batteries.

Harbour freight has a $9.95 Detector that that senses movement and transmits (so they say) up to 400 feet away to a base station that has a red light and a high or low buzzer. i notifies with movement and is ongoing. When the movement stops the device resets and is ready for the next movement. Battery powered. I have one out in my shop right now so I will see how it works. It seems to pick up movement just fine out at 15 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
    Harbour freight has a $9.95 Detector that that senses movement and transmits (so they say) up to 400 feet away to a base station that has a red light and a high or low buzzer. i notifies with movement and is ongoing. When the movement stops the device resets and is ready for the next movement. Battery powered. I have one out in my shop right now so I will see how it works. It seems to pick up movement just fine out at 15 feet.
    I bought a couple of these a while back and they do alert you to motion. If I put one in my garage and someone drives by my house, it will trigger the alarm and my garage is about 50 feet away from the street.

If you go to YouTube and search for Bandit Buster security system you will find a video detailing these. I was wrong in that it does not detect body heat but rather it detects motion. I’m trying the double transmitter system out now. The one I placed in my house keeps going off due to the dog and 2 cats walking around. It is nice being able to listen as to what is going on though instead of just getting an alert that there is movement.

Cav, whats the 20 and name of the store?