Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weather is turning, I'm not quite ready emotionally

Default weather is turning, I'm not quite ready emotionally

It's rained here all day looks like it may hang around for a day or two. The temps are dropping quickly, it's in the forties now, it's been very nice and comfortable but the forecast is calling for 28 and snow mix come Sunday. I'm prepped just not wanting to give up the comfortable weather.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Here in Texas all the signs are pointing to a cold, wet (in some areas), winter. Bring it.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Here in eastern San Diego County it is another heat spell...102d today and all week...hot, dry, and the winds blowing in from the deserts..I'm ready for some cool weather and rain.......

We have been down in the teen's a couple mornings. This morning it was warmer at 24*
    Of course that is here in hot Arizona.

Guess I'll just hush then. It's not 15 and it's not 102

I'm lovin this perfect weather in CenTex. Woke up to 54*. Now it's 68*. Sun is shining too.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

We had one of the longest, hottest summers on record here this year. It was so hot for so long, I'm significantly behind on my many projects that require outdoor work.

I'm pleased as punch to have nights dipping down in the 40's and days in the 70's & 80's again, makes me feel like getting stuff done and enjoying being outside working and getting in touch with the natural world again now that it's not threatening to kill me with heatstroke. Hoping to do some cool weather camping up in the foothills later this fall, maybe dip a line or two in the water.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Any kind of heat sickness is no joke. That is something that you have to be VERY careful with should there be a SHTF event in the summer. You absolutely have to sit back in the heat of the day and get all work done at night or early in the morning.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Customs like "siesta" exist for a reason.

"Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun" is an expression from India where the climate likewise dictates discretion during the hottest part of the day.

Thankfully that's over for this year, won't have to worry about it again until next June. In winter I have to work my schedule around the rain. Most years are not too bad, but this past winter it rained so frequently I could hardly stick my head outdoors without getting it wet. We had a huge dam here nearly collapse (Oroville) which suffered spillway erosion that was so bad it threatened the whole resovior. It required emergency work all summer to get completed and ready for the upcoming winter's storms.

We usually get rain starting again in November (periodically) and then regularly Dec - Feb tapering off in March & April. It's rare to get summer storms here.
    Last edited by bruss01; 10-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I work in it all year, stay hydrated, wear proper clothing, take breaks as needed. If I waited for "nice"weather I'd never get anything done. You'll get used to it.