Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: weather is turning, I'm not quite ready emotionally

i keep hearing how hot this summer was. Wasn't bad up here, or in the places i travel most of the SUmmmer (Sd, Pa etc)

Sept was warm but now it's getting cold fast...may even snow Sat. But it's Wisconsin soooo

I don't mind cold weather. I spent a winter in each Korea, North Dakota and Montana...plus several winters at Andrews AFB, Md. So I know a little about cold. It kills the ticks on deer for one thing. I hate killing a deer in hot weather. They're covered with ticks and I hate ticks with a purple passion. Plus, it also kills the "wolves" the squirrels get under their skin in hot weather. I usually forfeit about half the hunting season waiting on the weather to turn cold. I just dress accordingly; never been uncomfortable in cold weather. And a note for those of you who wonder out in the cold for any length of time, remember to take plenty of water. Your need to stay hydrated is just as important, if not more so, than in hot weather. In cold weather you don't feel the need to drink, thirst, as quickly, so its very easy to become severely dehydrated in cold weather without realizing it. That's very dangerous.
    Last edited by beowulf; 10-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Currently sitting next to my slowly burning wood stove enjoying breakfast in my PJs.....it's about 35 degrees outside, and easily twice that inside.

I have about 5 cords of cut/split/stacked/seasoned hard wood (mostly Ash) waiting under my barn awning. I also have about 100 gallons of waste oil in storage that I am still devising a method of drip delivery to my shop stove. I have seen all the videos, and read all the builds on waste oil heaters, and building WMO drip systems, I just haven't started the project yet.
    Last edited by ckelly78z; 10-29-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Yep freez warning tonight, meh....probably for the next 6 months too. Met some GREAT neighbors tonight though. Found out a guy nearby is a gunsmith and a vet, runs a competative shooting club, another guy has a great garden and actually has chickens and such. Super nice folks, and MAN the kids around here just keep suprising me with how nice and considerate they are. I got kinda jaded living so far in the city for a while i guess. I take warm hearts and good people over warm temps and good weather

Winter is coming or here actually to me.
    I can't stand cold weather.

Gota be in the 90s and up for me to be comfortable.

75 degrees with storms today, and the mid 40s for the rest of the week.....like it or not, Winter is close.

It started snowing here Thursday, and hasn't stopped yet. I have about 4" on the ground in the front yard. It's going to be fun installing the new forward driveshaft in the wife's Jeep next weekend.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Ended up having multiple tornadoes within a few miles of us, so now that the rough weather is over, the cold will settle in.

flock6, getting ready to move to CA with all that emotional support needed?

Started snowing here Friday. Love it. Hoping for a harsh bastard of a winter. I want negative temps and feet of snow. Hopefully that'll drive off all the ^#$*(@ Californians.

Nope, I can't go that far Left.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.