Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ok here I go

the machine that was the black singer wasn't treadle its dated about 1940's or so but I was given a treadle singer this last summer from the man who owns my storage units.. I did find out that TSC has beekeeping equipment and so does Walmart.com.. go figger..Anyways I went into TSC last week and picked up a hive tool, a frame lifter, two pairs of gloves ( medium and small) and a bee jacket. That's to start with they didn't have much left on the shelves but it shocked me that they would carry the stuff. I remember when Sears had a farm and ranch catalog and they had beekeeping equipment and supplies. Between collecting molds for soap making and investing in all this prepping stuff I'm gonna be broke before the shtf! lmao

My local Ace carries bee equipment.....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

hmmmm will have to find one hereabouts.. going to my beginners class 8 am tomorrow morning,, may need to bring a thermos we have our freeze warning announced on evening news today

went to the class and I'm hooked for life or as long as I am breathing and upright as my dad says.. Got some tools and goodies, and am going tomorrow to meet a master beekeeper to pick up a quart of his honey and possibly buy some more things.. been sick since I got here and am gonna make me some honey meds and get this outta my system, yuk,, by yay.

well I joined a beekeeping club online,, Midwest Beekeeping and went to the beginners class,, it was great.. then went over to tractor supply got a few Beek things then went home. since then I have been surfing for used beek equipment and got my hand on a nuc box and the first box of the hive body with frames and foundation. Just this week I managed to get 15 feeders that fit inside the frames,, for those of you out there who have never done this but have always been curious.. go for it .. as long as you know you aren't allergic to bee stings its not a bucket list thing its something that's been on the back burner since my husband decided he wanted a divorce back in 2013. I had 10 empty hives then and had to give them away.. Getting started again.. no regrets

Good luck to you Gramma...one step at a time....keep at it...one step at a time to reach your goals.

Yeah...it got cold here last night and today. Brought in some plants for shelter for my lady friend.

Brought in some chemicals and adhesives into warmer storage places at work for protection in the cold.

Need to take an eye on the temps coming in the next week. You are reminding me here...thanks,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 11-11-2017 at 02:23 PM.

I'm about to start my winter project of building a backyard chicken coop for spring and yes i'm gonna be really dumb and buy a horse.

I still do my other main hobbies too but less now that my insane ex wife ha sto be schedueled around. But i still go to the gym do metal work and sword vight in various fashins and venues when i can. Wanna start taking a martial art again with my son...but all he wants to do is play friggin video games.

well I've since found out that there are other benefits than therapy, relaxation, and honey that come from bees,,,, MEAD!!! if its food related I have to delve into it.. its compulsion for me.. so I joined a group online to learn that as well.. could be a good thing for barter and trade and something to serve at "sort of" weddings if shtf.. whatchya think guys?

I think friar John would be proud.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

thought that was Friar Tuck and Little John,, whose stash have you been into lol