Thread: breaking out the herbs

Default breaking out the herbs

I have been having trouble getting rid of a cough lately, sometimes it dry sometimes it phlegmy.. Went to the Natural Grocery here and started getting my herbs,, fenugreek seed, thyme, ginger, cayenne, and sage. Got the size 0 capsules and picked up a marble mortar and pestle and went to work. Three capsules a day , one with each meal till symptoms subside. I also get a hot water bottle on my chest with a damp wash cloth underneath it to help break up congestion. Gotta put vics and or onions on the feet and break out the peppermint and eucalyptus oil for aroma therapy and it should clear up faster.. As I'm 60 years old I realize it takes longer to recover from things. I'm also staying off of dairy and staying hydrated and taking zinc, vitamin c and d. the other thing I noticed is when I'm stressed I tend to be more susceptible to getting a bug or whatever is going around. Just sharing for right now. Wont be too long I'll be making Russian Tea and chicken noodle soup.. yall get ready snowflakes falling in the you know where states.

You know Gramma, you could minimize all that by just getting you some elberberries and making you some hot tea. Thet will break that up almost overnight. Seriously, elderberry is the best for your symptoms. Stay away from Vic's. That stuff is not good for you except in a vaporizer. Not as a rub. It won't allow your skin to breath out/ expel the toxins. Its a petroleum base and will clog your pours. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 10-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Wish I knew more on herbs. Down in Mex, the mercados have stands of herbs in bunches and labelled. Took some pics but doesn't help ID these plants. I guess I need to find me a Curandero down on the border.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Peterson has a great book on healing herbs, eatables and identification.

no elderberries available right now,, I just moved to Missouri and its a no go ,, also found a recipe online for a cold and flu bomb using garlic, cayenne and lemon juice and am headed to the store now for those things. I even have bottles with corks to make those syrups.. all in storage.. headache this morning ewwwww going from top of head to back of neck.. gonna knock this out,, the bomb is supposed to work better than what I made so will let you know

thanks camo will just stick with the onions on the feet then,, be back after I get through this.. all notes taken,, thanks for the add ons guys

Last edited by Camouflaged; 10-16-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Elderberry is everywhere on the net for sale. It's cheap and most places have free shipping.
    I swear by elderberry. I haven't had a nasty cold or had the flu in over 10 years. I feel symptoms coming on and I grab the elderberry immediately. Elderberry also builds up your own immune system to fight off that crud on it own. OTC crap is useless and they do break down your own immunities..

I've made it a point to seriously stock up on dried elderberry. They keep forever.

Speaking of immunities, I'm stocking up on local honey and probably going to try some oil to combat Cedar this year, last year was worst ever for me.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

We have a lot of cedar around here. When I first bought this place, I kept cedar fever. Highly allergic! Now I'm ammunition to it. I heard years ago that bathing with pine tar soap prevent the pollin from getting into your skin so I started using it to see if that really would help. Still using it today... It keeps several different polling from getting into your system through your skin.