Thread: Pole houses?

Default Pole houses?

Anyone else built a Pole House? I just kinda finished ours (never finished it seems) and am pretty happy with it, lots of advantages I'd never thought about: relatively easy to build.. inexpensive and strong and very old school (as in medieval), all of which appeal to me. I was just gonna pour a slab and go conventional until a friend mentioned his brother had built a pole barn and maybe I should check it out.......sure glad I did!
    Just wondering if anyone else has gone this route for their BOL, I'd like to trade info, suggestions, ideas etc....

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Built pole barns, with telephone poles. Sort of breezy for around here, and the creosote smell was a little much. Great for housing tractors and excavation equipment, wouldn't want to live in one.

Personally the only advantage I see is a quick shell. You can go from bare ground to 3k ft² of sturdy shelter in a day. But then you still have to build a house inside of it.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Built pole barns, with telephone poles. Sort of breezy for around here, and the creosote smell was a little much. Great for housing tractors and excavation equipment, wouldn't want to live in one.
    The shell of the house is within the poles..... in my build anyway.........