Thread: Sally my hunting Mule

Default Sally my hunting Mule

Picked her up from the auction last night, the seller claims you can shoot off her. I plan on riding her tomorrow and trying her out. I'll try to post a video if I survive...... I've never tried posting video but I have shot off horseback we'll see.......wish me luck on both.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I rode a mule when I lion hunted in Arizona. Believe it or not, her name was Sally Mae. Stubborn old hag , brushed me off on a low limb once , but she learned quick not to do that again.

We had two mules when I was a kid. Beck and Helen. You could shoot off of them but they were actually trained as plow mules. Very mild tempered and not jumpy at all.

That's a nice looking mule Flock. That tree on the left sure is strange looking though. lol
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Lol thanks Cammie, that's a Bradford pear, they're only good for growing quick and keeping you busy cleaning them up. Half of it decided to fall off late last year. I took it all down to just a couple feet from the trunk, this time next year it'll be pretty full.

Its a Polish Banzai tree
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Missed on an opportunity to buy a pair of harness broke Mules along with a wagon converted to truck tires. Dang I wanted that rig. Think they wanted 5-6K for all.

Also, you can pretty much shoot off any horse or mule. Staying on, not so much.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I didn't get a chance to take her to the farm to try shooting off her, I did ride her and lit some firecrackers. She did just fine. There was a mule auction in town today my son and I loaded her up he rode her around for a little while and we ran her through the auction. Doubled my money and let her go. Used that money and bought us some nice custom knives with sheaths. He's 10 I have him the best of the two on the condition that he gives it to his son when day comes and to tell him how he ended up with it.

King that's a good price for a complete rig and mules.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I didn't get a chance to take her to the farm to try shooting off her, I did ride her and lit some firecrackers. She did just fine. There was a mule auction in town today my son and I loaded her up he rode her around for a little while and we ran her through the auction. Doubled my money and let her go. Used that money and bought us some nice custom knives with sheaths. He's 10 I have him the best of the two on the condition that he gives it to his son when day comes and to tell him how he ended up with it.

King that's a good price for a complete rig and mules.
    Yea, I figured it was, and the mules were maybe 5-7 yo. It was back in about 12-14 when economy was not so hot down in Texas, and we were very dry. Lots of people were unloading stock that they could not feed.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields