Thread: Space X is testing their rocket engines again

Default Space X is testing their rocket engines again

It has been several months since Space X was testing their rockets, but they just tested one a few minutes ago. I was upstairs with the radio playing and working on my computer when I heard the loud and deep rumble. After going outside, I could tell what direction it was coming from, and yep, Space X was doing a test.

Now, I live 26 miles as the crow flies from the testing facility, and yet I could hear it even though I have hearing loss, and had a lot of background noise going. Typically the loud, deep rumble will last for about 2 minutes. I feel sorry for all of those people that only live a mile or two away from the test site.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Ummmm....... they just did another test. This one was not as loud but lasted for about a minute longer than the first test.

Not quite as bad - but I live near a fighter aircraft factory.
    when they run up the afterburners my house will resonate; and they are miles away!
    I've heard them testing as early as 3 AM. Bastids!

The sounds of FREEDOM
    Good medicine in bad places

I could be mistaken, but I believe I heard 2 more tests this afternoon while I was at work. Typically we only hear one test per day. Not four in one day. This is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I believe I heard 2 more tests this afternoon while I was at work. Typically we only hear one test per day. Not four in one day. This is very strange.
    Maybe they are making extra bucks testing for Kim Jong Puke.

As my mind is often want to do ..it went down winding rabid trails when reading this thread.

The pattern of what occupied my thoughts centered around the not so public clauses written into many occupations for government take over and management.

For example...our highway systems can be taken over for government use. So too can the air line and shipping industry. The rail roads.....trucking industry...all of it overnight put under government controls. Food, clothing and other industries considered under certain circumstances to be strategic etc etc etc.

What I was asking myself is whether these private launch facilities would be put under such an government take over clause to get stuff out into space as needed???

Just a rambling rabid thought as my mind so goes down different trails.

Thanks,
    Orangetom