Thread: Sillcock Key

Default Sillcock Key

This should be in every bugout and gethome bag. The sillcock key could give you hundreds of gallons of drinkable water from buildings over 1 story. Look it up on Amazon. A $5.00 key to saving your life!

Most schools and corporate buildings use these. Great idea and post.

I have one but just bought 2 more. I occasionally need one for work.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

We have a whole thread on these somewhere. Didn't have anything to do with chickens though.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Just ordered 3....
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

I've had them for years. Never really though to put in my BO bag. Thx!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

It's a good idea, I got one for each of our MAG members for Christmas this year. Everyone instantly knew what they were and all were amazed they hadn't thought of this for their BOB themselves. It was a real hit!
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I've had them for years. Never really though to put in my BO bag. Thx!
    No kidding, nice find. amazing that sometimes the simple things get by you.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by WyatteSmith View Post
    This should be in every bugout and gethome bag. The sillcock key could give you hundreds of gallons of drinkable water from buildings over 1 story. Look it up on Amazon. A $5.00 key to saving your life!
    Friggin' genius! Got two! Thanks for the tip, Wyatte. When I do community garden work in and around the various elementary, middle, and high school buildings I am constantly frustrated with those damn spigots. Never clicked until now that I could get my own key! Thanks for the light bulb moment! I've really pissed off the administrators and principals when I cut into their down spouts and installed rain barrels to by-pass their 'security'. At least now I'll have a way to hook up a hose and water stuff in and I can get water from just about any commercial building should the need arise. Thanks again.
    Hannibal ad portas

I still can't get over the colloquialism......... not sure I've heard it that way. Spigot, hydrant, hose bib........ sill cock lol
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Wish I could take credit, it was in a book I just read. Fiction, but lots of survival tips.