Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: surgery

Default surgery

Gotta have surgery, on Wed, the 27th, to repair an inguinal hernia on left side of abdomen. Should have had it done a long time ago. It been there since late 1991, but for myriad excuses and reasons I've put it off. They'll be doing laparoscopic surgery (small incisions) rather than open surgery. Soooo, gonna be limited as to what I can do for a few weeks. Gonna mess up deer season, but I'll be able to hunt small game in January and February. I could probably deer hunt in late Dec, but I'd rather not take a chance on straining it too much, before it heals completely inside, by dragging a deer out of the woods. In for surgery that morning, home by that afternoon.

Good luck. Hope all goes well.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

If you can get out my way Beo yer more than welcome to shoot some Axis. We'll hack it up and cooler it for you too. All ya gotta do is show up and pull the trigger.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Gotta have surgery, on Wed, the 27th, to repair an inguinal hernia on left side of abdomen. Should have had it done a long time ago. It been there since late 1991, but for myriad excuses and reasons I've put it off. They'll be doing laparoscopic surgery (small incisions) rather than open surgery. Soooo, gonna be limited as to what I can do for a few weeks. Gonna mess up deer season, but I'll be able to hunt small game in January and February. I could probably deer hunt in late Dec, but I'd rather not take a chance on straining it too much, before it heals completely inside, by dragging a deer out of the woods. In for surgery that morning, home by that afternoon.
    Dang Beo , a few weeks shouldn't take you clear up to January. Anyway, I need to come down there and show you how I skin them out on the ground........ no dragging, just bone them out and carry out the meat. I'll carry the meat, you just carry the beer.

Gods speed Beo.
    Take care of your self
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    If you can get out my way Beo yer more than welcome to shoot some Axis. We'll hack it up and cooler it for you too. All ya gotta do is show up and pull the trigger.
    That would just be the cat's meow! Be more fun than harpooning some of those ANTIFA sh*theads.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Dang Beo , a few weeks shouldn't take you clear up to January. Anyway, I need to come down there and show you how I skin them out on the ground........ no dragging, just bone them out and carry out the meat. I'll carry the meat, you just carry the beer.
    Can't do that here until you get the kill registered. But if ya wanna, come on down. You can sleep in the spare bedroom with the dog. I could probably go hunting a bit sooner, but just want to make sure its healed enough I don't tear something loose. Deer season ends Jan 1 here.
    Last edited by beowulf; 09-25-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Gods speed Beo.
    Take care of your self
    Thanks, Bro. Shore gonna do my best. I'm a tough ole buzzard anyway. Can't keep me down for very long. My nickname ain't rawhide for nuthin'.

I have had 3 hernia surgeries. 2 the old way and one the new way (laproscopic). My recovery time was not that long at all. I was down for about a week with the last repair job and the 3 tiny incisions healed up really quick too. You will be surprised at how fast you get back on your feet. Just take it easy for a month and then you are good to go.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Good luck with this Beo. I'll be prayin for ya.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13