Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Problems Among Adolescents

Default Sleep Problems Among Adolescents

A large number of teenagers do not get anything like the normal sleep required. Not enough sleep on a regular basis can lead to a shortage of sleep that can create emotional problems as well as an inability to concentrate on your work and research.
    Sleep problems among teenagers are much more common than adults and younger children for several reasons. Some doctors will tell you that the teen's biological clock changes during adolescence, making it harder for the mum to fall asleep and waking up early and cooling the next morning. Changes in the body of the teenager are created by the brain hormone called "melatonin", which is produced by a teenager later in the night for adolescents, making adolescents difficult to sleep properly. This sleep disorder is known as "sleep-delayed syndrome" that affects many teenagers. Other causes of sleep problems among adolescents include stress, drugs, physical discomfort or poor sleeping habits.
    With the correct medicine or help from the medical profession, sleep problems can solved. However, you should get help right away if the the problems continue for any length of time.
    https://homesocool.com/sleep-better/ for tips, information and articles about sleep problems.

Here we go again.... lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

My father had a solution for teenager issues. He kept a bamboo stick behind his bedroom door......

He used mechanical solutions, not this psycho babble.
    Last edited by Winni; 09-22-2017 at 03:34 AM.

My parents had a solution as well.
    Work the sumbitch until they drop, they will sleep just fine.
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

Quote Originally Posted by hadite81 View Post
    My parents had a solution as well.
    Work the sumbitch until they drop, they will sleep just fine.
    Exactly!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

My dad convinced my brother and I that sleep was the best thing with "KNOCK OF THE NOISE IN THERE AND GO TO SLEEP...AND DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO GO IN THERE!!! Worked every time. Dad could apply some serious ass whuppin when needed. And you didn't give him any lip...or you may get a fat lip! No, he wasn't a tyrant. He was a very fair and honorable man, and a wonderful father. He's been gone now for a shade over nineteen and a half years. I still miss him dearly. He was wonderful teacher, AND example of what BEING a man was.
    Last edited by beowulf; 09-22-2017 at 02:46 PM.

I feel the same about my Dad, it might have something to do with the fact that I got my butt busted every single day for something, but never the same thing twice. He was fair, never belittled me, never beat me, and was always learning and teaching. He's still around and I still ask his advice. Everyone isn't so lucky.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

In the years I have been in work force there is a big difference between mental and physical exhaustion. If you can find the right combo for your body you will sleep like a baby. When I worked in the corporate world I had trouble sleeping was mentally exhausted. Now my work is much more physical but I also need to use my brain. I fall asleep in less then 5 mins after my head hits the pillow.

In short get the kids out if the dam house and off their phones, Xbox, PlayStation computer and tv etc etc. Kids are hermits and live life in a virtual reality.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    My dad convinced my brother and I that sleep was the best thing with "KNOCK OF THE NOISE IN THERE AND GO TO SLEEP...AND DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO GO IN THERE!!! Worked every time. Dad could apply some serious ass whuppin when needed. And you didn't give him any lip...or you may get a fat lip! No, he wasn't a tyrant. He was a very fair and honorable man, and a wonderful father. He's been gone now for a shade over nineteen and a half years. I still miss him dearly. He was wonderful teacher, AND example of what BEING a man was.
    Yep!
    Except i really liked to read when i was a kid. Would pull the covers over me and read by flashlight.....

Slip them a few Benadryl a couple times a week, they will sleep.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields