Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: First snow of the season

  1. #1

    Default First snow of the season

    Happened in the Sierra today. CHP was talkin' 4WD or chains. Drivers were sayin' "Duh, what's that?" and there was a 16 or so car pile-up. Just guess how it'll be over a long winter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Damn I miss the Sierras. Lone pine, little and big walker lake, Owens valley. Caught my first golden trout up there...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeside, CA
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Damn I miss the Sierras.
    Yeah, it is a special place, all that area up the 395....I love coming south through Bishop and then heading west thorough Yosemite. Damn beautiful.....Did you ever get to the old ghost town of Bodie? Incredible place.......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Already the first snowfall? Wow, here in Texas we still have overnight lows of 80 degrees with a 74 degree dew point.


    Winter can't get here soon enough. You can always add more layers to warm up, but there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    3,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Already the first snowfall? Wow, here in Texas we still have overnight lows of 80 degrees with a 74 degree dew point.


    Winter can't get here soon enough. You can always add more layers to warm up, but there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.
    whoa, hey buddy. Glad to see you around! That other post......... nothing, just a joke ha ha. Lol
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Liar! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Yeah, it is a special place, all that area up the 395....I love coming south through Bishop and then heading west thorough Yosemite. Damn beautiful.....Did you ever get to the old ghost town of Bodie? Incredible place.......
    Hunted/fished everywhere up there as a kid in the 70's. Never got to see the ghost town though. Convict lake, Taboose creek.... sure we're good times back then...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Hunted/fished everywhere up there as a kid in the 70's. Never got to see the ghost town though. Convict lake, Taboose creek.... sure we're good times back then...
    That's nice country. Used to like Sonora, Columbia, Soda Springs and that area. Most of my time in NorCal has been in the Feather River country and Shingletown area.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NJ (anti gun I know, I live it)
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.[/QUOTE]

    Cav I say something very similar to this when we talk about the different seasons lol
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    whoa, hey buddy. Glad to see you around! That other post......... nothing, just a joke ha ha. Lol
    Well, they must have been doing training near my house because I saw another Chinook but it was much higher in altitude.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •