Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First snow of the season

Default First snow of the season

Happened in the Sierra today. CHP was talkin' 4WD or chains. Drivers were sayin' "Duh, what's that?" and there was a 16 or so car pile-up. Just guess how it'll be over a long winter.

Damn I miss the Sierras. Lone pine, little and big walker lake, Owens valley. Caught my first golden trout up there...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Damn I miss the Sierras.
    Yeah, it is a special place, all that area up the 395....I love coming south through Bishop and then heading west thorough Yosemite. Damn beautiful.....Did you ever get to the old ghost town of Bodie? Incredible place.......

Already the first snowfall? Wow, here in Texas we still have overnight lows of 80 degrees with a 74 degree dew point.

Winter can't get here soon enough. You can always add more layers to warm up, but there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Already the first snowfall? Wow, here in Texas we still have overnight lows of 80 degrees with a 74 degree dew point.

Winter can't get here soon enough. You can always add more layers to warm up, but there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.
    whoa, hey buddy. Glad to see you around! That other post......... nothing, just a joke ha ha. Lol
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Liar! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Yeah, it is a special place, all that area up the 395....I love coming south through Bishop and then heading west thorough Yosemite. Damn beautiful.....Did you ever get to the old ghost town of Bodie? Incredible place.......
    Hunted/fished everywhere up there as a kid in the 70's. Never got to see the ghost town though. Convict lake, Taboose creek.... sure we're good times back then...

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Hunted/fished everywhere up there as a kid in the 70's. Never got to see the ghost town though. Convict lake, Taboose creek.... sure we're good times back then...
    That's nice country. Used to like Sonora, Columbia, Soda Springs and that area. Most of my time in NorCal has been in the Feather River country and Shingletown area.

there are only so many clothes the law will allow to be removed.[/QUOTE]

Cav I say something very similar to this when we talk about the different seasons lol
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    whoa, hey buddy. Glad to see you around! That other post......... nothing, just a joke ha ha. Lol
    Well, they must have been doing training near my house because I saw another Chinook but it was much higher in altitude.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best