Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First snow of the season

In NW Ohio, we are now getting the Summer we never had with a forcast of 90+ over the next 4 days. The leaves had already started to change from the cool temps over the last week or two.

There's been snow in the higher elevations for about two weeks now. We went from highs in the 80s/90s to highs in the 50s and winter freeze warnings at night over the course of 3 days. Hoping for a good, hard, heavy winter to scare off some Californians.

It's snowing right now here in beautiful rocky mountain montana. Our local ski area up the hill 20 miles away has a foot and i am seeing cross country skis on top of vehicles. Usually we get some snow and then it warms up for indian summer. But this year it might be interesting. Great weather for the fall big game hunt.

104 here today about 20 miles east of Mexico and 40 miles north of Laredo, Tx. Built a darting blind for my deer pens, in the shade. Now just finished up about a 1/2" rain, first in about 45 days, much needed. Great thing about ranching in the Chihuahua desert/Llano Mesteno/Disputed territory, is that it does not take much rain to really green things up.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields