Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NK threatens pain and suffering if new UN SANCTIONS are approved.

There will be some kicking and screaming involved I'm sure. I may be the leader of that pack.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Ready, if you think NJ gets hot, you would melt in Texas! LOL
    You just have to acclimate to it. I temp moved to Colorado for 6 months on a job. I like to have froze to death and that was in June. Plus I had to wear oxygen 24/7 to breathe. The altitude was killing me. Took three months to adjust it.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Living without electricity is easy. It sounds crazy but I enjoy it because I don't need it, even though I have the backup. It's just convenience. Being raised partly around my grandparents who didn't have indoor plumbing or electricity when I was a kid taught me a lot on how not to be dependant on it. I like having it but I'm also comfortable without it.
    Here here!!!

Nicely stated Camouflaged.

I heard such from a Texas preacher who used to speak of himself as a young man chopping wood for his grandmother who lived on their farm in a house built behind their main house. he chopped wood for both houses and often the electricity would go out for days at a time when he was coming up. No one got excited over such.

But when he brought his children to visit his parents and the electricity went out.....the children were a bit bothered by it but noticed that dad did not seem so affected about the electricity being off for so long. He told them...no...he was raised like this and learned to make do without electricity for long periods of time.

I found this contrast interesting between the generations.

I often keep a bandanna in my back pocket and wear it Indian style as a forehead bandanna to keep the sweat out of my eyes..stopping only to rinse/wring it out occasionally and put it back on.
    As Long as I can keep the sweat out of my eyes..I am good to go with my labors.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 09-23-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Wonder when the Chinese sub is stopping by with the next missile to shoot off ?
    Was thinking about this ...by Winni back on page 5 of this thread...

Do you think we do not know their maintenance schedule...or how many boats they have out to sea...and where they are at...daily??? Both NK and Chinese..and the Russians too. Think we do not have a noise signature on them....all of them?? Think we cannot track them...even a newly constructed boat out on sea trials???
    Do you think we do not know where from come their spare parts and how long it takes to get them??? Where are their shipyards..drydocking facilities??? What boats are going in and out of the same.

Do you think that we do not have the capabilities of tracking a quiet/silent black hole against a background of natural sea noise going on out there daily...24/7???

here...think this through....

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...eadphones.html

This world is not quite what we have been lead or mislead to believe it is.

It is my belief that someone is using/misusing this fellow in NK to herd us here in America. In like manner that they tried to herd us with Saddam, Gadaffi, and Syria....even with the Soviets and even Russia today. All manufactured bad guys. I've seen entirely to much of this pattern in my lifetime.

Herding requires that the base animal..remain ignorant or stupid about many things..in particular the herding method. Why do you think the media, politics, and public education have now turned to herding/censorship/bullying/Antifa/BLM and others rather than individual liberty in thinking/action..??? Remember Jonathan Gruber and what he stated about the American people...voter????

I am not arguing or debating that these are good guys..definitely not. Only about the "Herding."

If we are in fact being "Herded" it means the bad guys are here...not there overseas??? And also it means that there is a "Machine" ..a system ...so set up to thusly herd us by constantly manufacturing a bad guy to accomplish this goal. The goal to keep us afraid....and thusly herded.

The reason this "Deep State does not trust us with guns and ammunition is that it makes it much more difficult to herd a nation when said "Deep
    State needs to herd us to a point so obvioiusly and deeply UnAmerican in it's basic nature. And we are clearly seeing this UnAmerican nature coming out today by groups like BLM and Antifa sponsored by someone deep in government not wanting to be seen or known.

And the "Deep State :" is the true hidden American Government in conflict with basic American beliefs and attempting a substitution of what is today American across the board so to speak.

Herding is in fact..."Rigging the American Government " against Americans and in their favor...the Deep State's favor.

Do you, as a thinking Americans, believe that any Government not trusting Americans with guns and ammo will ever trust Americans with a Vote???

As more time transpires it becomes more and more obvious that the "Deep State" made a serious miscalculation in the last four year election..and are now working very hard to "Rig" the two year election coming up..and then the next four year election. They are rigging the country ...manufacturing bad guys..causing division/censorship in our media..news and even our colleges and public education system. They are going to attempt massive crisis management division or chaos before the two and then four year elections. This to get the public lose confidence in America...and towards their "Deep State" solutions to their manufactured bad guys.

You just get tired and disgusted of seeing the same olde techniques used and misused to herd us all again. Division and not unity. And when we get a real leader....they are suddenly a racist, a sexist, a homophobe...a Hitler and worse in the news..Hollywood and now sports. It just gets wolfie in it's predictability. It becomes like watching the same olde script ...over and over and ad nausea.

Think it through ...it fits...and goes much deeper than just that. Manufacturing a bad guy to distract is one of their textbook methods. So too is turning a nation against themselves...a civil war.
    They ..the Deep State is well trained in these two particular methods. They have been practicing it extensively through out the world since WW1 and the United Fruit Company and others.

I ask myself now ..if the deep state has now infiltrated the NFL to their divisive cause celeb...division ..not unity..????

Just my .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 09-23-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Ready, if you think NJ gets hot, you would melt in Texas! LOL
    You just have to acclimate to it. I temp moved to Colorado for 6 months on a job. I like to have froze to death and that was in June. Plus I had to wear oxygen 24/7 to breathe. The altitude was killing me. Took three months to adjust it.
    I know TX is hotter then east coast. I work outside in sun and heat all day. I'm sure I would aclimate without ac. I wouldn't like it and would moan about it after a hard days work lol

I am seriously looking into ways to cool my house using the earth.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Dead space is the best added insulation.

I'm still looking for a solar gen. LOL I've found two but I'm not sure they can handle a window unit a/c for post SHTF.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I'm still looking for a solar gen. LOL I've found two but I'm not sure they can handle a window unit a/c for post SHTF.
    It would require A LOT of battery power if you wanted it to work after sundown.

That just takes a bigger battery bank for storage...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Running AC off of solar takes a prohibitively large investment in panels and batteries, which is mostly wasted when not running AC. Thost batteries then have to be replaced every 5-7 years. If you want to see what AC would look like in a solar energy setup, take a pie, cut yourself a slice, then look back at the pie... what's left is your AC budget, the slice on your plate is everything else.

If you live in a dry climate area (Arizona etc) a swamp cooler can make a big difference at a fraction of the power AC uses. You can also get a lot of benefit just keeping the attic ventilated to keep the heat from building up... there are solar powered vent fans that are made for exactly this. High humidity will seriously impact how much benefit an evaporative cooling unit will be though.

Shade helps a lot. If you can arrange things so mid day and late afternoon shade covers the sun-ward side of the house it can make a real noticeable difference interior. I am getting a new awning for my trailer for this reason (old one was broken before I got it). Stringing up a net or tarp can deflect heat. Trees can too and have an added benefit of dropping leaves in winter to allow warmth and light when they are of benefit.

When I camp in my trailer I rely mostly on just a fan which suits me pretty well until the temps start pushing the upper 90's. Then I'm ready for a couple of hours of AC until sundown, which requires me to crank up the generator. Got to remember to hydrate though because it's easy to not notice how much perspiration you are doing because it dries off so fast it's unnoticeable.

I think this is a good strategy for energy use... solar for the everyday and generator for special occasional needs like AC or laundry day.

It would be interesting to see if you could set up a system to pump cold well water through a system of pipes in the house... probably prohibitive to set up for more than 1-2 rooms but inexpensive to operate. Insulate those 2 rooms heavily, maybe have them set partly or mostly in the ground if feasible. Underground doen't have to be dank if done right, my father knew how it was done and built our house that way. Good drainage around the base of all walls and tar-coat exterior walls below ground. But anyway, circulate this cold well water through pipes in those rooms, would be like a radiator in reverse, with a fan to help circulate air. Water would get returned through a 2nd well into the water table. Just an idea. Might work ok if water table isn't too deep or it quickly might start to use as much juice as AC lifting the water. In that case maybe better to just have a network of burried pipes, closed system, like a "heat pump".

The problem with modern homes is they are built for aesthetics and not built with great passive climate control features like they were 100-150 years ago and as such require a lot of energy input just to remain liveable.
    Last edited by bruss01; 09-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Our well is way too deep for that and our humidity is most always high.
    We did cap and insulate the interior roof in the attic a few years back but I have one large room 23'x30' we added on to the house that is unfinished and not insulated yet. We do have A LOT of trees that wain over that addition. Right now we have it closed off until we can get in there this fall to finish it. It's been too hot to work on it this summer but I do have to use that room because we built the laundry/mud room in that part of the house. It gets flipping hot in there with just being dried in. It's basically a shell with siding and a completed roof. It has electrical, plumbing and sewer line for the laundry/mud room part only. The rest is just bare studded walls finished on the outside only.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 09-24-2017 at 10:44 PM.