Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Checkin' in from Kommifornia

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Welcome.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Guess I should clear something up right from the get-go. Richvale, CA 95974 is a little town in the Central Valley. Lots of rice growin', good place to get crawdads, and just general redneck country, despite bein' a few miles south of Chico, with its Cal State University. Plenty of good ol' boys. Was getttin' out of my car one day in front of the Post Office and one of the locals asked what was new. I called him over and pulled out the towel from behind the seat, unwrapped the .30-06 Remington I'd just bought. He had to call his Dad over (probably in his late seventies) and asked where I got it and for how much. When I told him, and that the same guy was needin' more money, he wanted me to set up a meeting. "Tell him we got more cash than he has guns" were his exact words. Even a good number of Democrats are armed and proud of it. Met one girl who complained that when her husband got transferred from ND to Beale AFB, they'd had to sell their Barrett .50 'cause they couldn't bring it with them. Anyway, I ain't rich and I ain't Rich, but I live in a pretty good county for this state. Thanks for the warm welcome.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    22

    Default

    One more thing about Richvale. If'n you look at a map of the area, it'd be right about on the edge of the flood you'd've seen if the Oroville Dam had let go back in February.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Guess I should clear something up right from the get-go. Richvale, CA 95974 is a little town in the Central Valley. Lots of rice growin', good place to get crawdads, and just general redneck country, despite bein' a few miles south of Chico, with its Cal State University. Plenty of good ol' boys. Was getttin' out of my car one day in front of the Post Office and one of the locals asked what was new. I called him over and pulled out the towel from behind the seat, unwrapped the .30-06 Remington I'd just bought. He had to call his Dad over (probably in his late seventies) and asked where I got it and for how much. When I told him, and that the same guy was needin' more money, he wanted me to set up a meeting. "Tell him we got more cash than he has guns" were his exact words. Even a good number of Democrats are armed and proud of it. Met one girl who complained that when her husband got transferred from ND to Beale AFB, they'd had to sell their Barrett .50 'cause they couldn't bring it with them. Anyway, I ain't rich and I ain't Rich, but I live in a pretty good county for this state. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Pro-gun Democrats, that makes me cringe. Most of the "pro-gun" Democrats I know are Fudds, and are happy to sell out other gun owners who own "assault weapons." I'm not saying the GOP is wonderful by any means; I'm just saying that you cannot truly be "pro-gun" and a Democrat at the same time. Sorry about the rant, it just makes me frustrated.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    7,308

    Default

    To vote Demorat and claim to be a gun owner is Hypocrisy at its finest!! The very People you are voting for have been trying to ban them for YEARS!! Lmfao!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Guess I should clear something up right from the get-go. Richvale, CA ....
    First impression was we were getting a reincarnated singer, like Elvis !!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritchie_Valens


    Welcome aboard.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    Pro-gun Democrats, that makes me cringe. Most of the "pro-gun" Democrats I know are Fudds, and are happy to sell out other gun owners who own "assault weapons." I'm not saying the GOP is wonderful by any means; I'm just saying that you cannot truly be "pro-gun" and a Democrat at the same time. Sorry about the rant, it just makes me frustrated.
    Yeah, pro gun democrat? True definition of a hypocrite! They want theirs, but don't want me to have mine! PISS ON 'EM!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lake LBJ, Texas
    Posts
    6,868

    Default

    How is it legal for a person from Cali to even sign in to this site? I would think that they put us up there with kiddie porn and such.

    I know that there are some good folks out there, like some cousins that ranch near Watsonville. Socialism is trying to run them off or take their land for the collective. A couple thousand acres, probably worth a little .
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.


    I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Welcome aboard...
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    How is it legal for a person from Cali to even sign in to this site? I would think that they put us up there with kiddie porn and such.

    I know that there are some good folks out there, like some cousins that ranch near Watsonville. Socialism is trying to run them off or take their land for the collective. A couple thousand acres, probably worth a little .
    If the State here tried to tell me what to do on the internet, I'd pay 'em about as much attention as I do their gun laws. I'm pretty sure that my little burg is better armed that our local Sheriff's Department. And believe me, there're some Dems who regret the direction their Party's taken. I also know more than a few Republican squishes around here. Druggies are one of the biggest problems in our County.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •