Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I support LE but...

Flock, yeah. Got mad that a biker was "being reckless" in traffic. Walked up behind the rider stopped at a light with "How ya doing?" When the biker looks over the detective has what looks like a Glock against his chest pointed at the rider. All that just to get the rider's identification. The Sheriff flat-out said he's going to show recruits the video as a "do not do this" example.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...aced-on-leave/

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I have to agree. Don't fight back under those circumstances. You won't come out ahead, although, making a scene got much needed attention. It's a catch 22.
    Had she not fought back there would be no story and the bad behavior will continue. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing...

And btw, there is no requirement to comply with an unconstitutional order from the police. Yes you can get killed not complying, but you are NOT obliged to obey a criminal order.
    Good medicine in bad places

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I had something like this happen, but with out the physical drama... Police followed a pt brought in by ambulance after an MVA... Obviously drunk.. They wanted a tube of blood given to them and were refused... A bit of bitching, but that was it... His lab results were subpoenaed and then used... No biggie..
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    I had something like this happen, but with out the physical drama... Police followed a pt brought in by ambulance after an MVA... Obviously drunk.. They wanted a tube of blood given to them and were refused... A bit of bitching, but that was it... His lab results were subpoenaed and then used... No biggie..
    The difference is that in your case the police had probable cause.
    Good medicine in bad places

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

They took him off to jail after he was medically cleared... I'm sure he went across the street to the local hosp with the police and got the lab requested... They still ended up subpoenaing our medical records...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I'm standing by my words, I preach it to my children, it's not worth the injury to your self or name. Very true you don't have to comply with an un constitutional order, but when an officer tells you you're under arrest right or wrong, you're under arrest.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Its a case where "somebody" has to pay for the transgression. The only one living was the truck driver and the cop took it as his chance to possibly prove his guilt and be a hero to his peers. Now having a CDL does have some special concessions on DWI level, but it doesn't allow abuse of the nurse. Jail time is justified, IMHO Let the cop live with those he put away for a while with his disreguard of the law, might give him some respect for the Almighty.

Problem is the "truck driver" was also a local reserve police officer.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Looking though comments on a lot of sites/articles since this happened a lot of people keep debating the the fact the cops didn't have permission to get a blood draw. I think that misses the bigger picture, that is that even if the cop has a court order allowing a blood draw they still can't force any medical facility to do it.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken but my understanding has always been that the law/court order allowing the blood draw just allows the blood to be drawn, it in no way legally forces anybody to take the blood so even if they had a court order to get this guy's blood they still can't force the medical staff to do it. The medical facilities are actually doing this as a courtesy to the LEO agency not because they are legally required to do it. I'll have to see if I can Google the article up but I know a coupe years ago I read an article where some police agency was throwing a hissy fit because their local hospital decided to refuse to perform any blood draws for LEOs and they had to drive an extra 45 minutes to another facility which they felt was just giving the suspects an extra 45 min to sober up however there was nothing they could do about it because they can't force the medical staff to do the blood draw.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

Don't ya all just Love how there are so many to help out Criminals however they can? Lol Yeah let's try and hold out on the blood draw and maybe he'll pass the test. F'ing bleeding heart aiding and abetters!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!