Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I support LE but...

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Don't ya all just Love how there are so many to help out Criminals however they can? Lol Yeah let's try and hold out on the blood draw and maybe he'll pass the test. F'ing bleeding heart aiding and abetters!!
    IIRC in the article I was referring too the local PD was pretty pushy, demanding hospital staff drop whatever they were doing to get the draw immediately even if it meant pulling medical staff off normal ER visitors with more pressing medical needs so it was more of a case of reaping what you sow not somebody trying to specifically help criminals.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

My comment was just to convey how many bleeding heart IDIOTS that are out there in support for criminals and not LEO....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

What does people supporting criminals have anything to do with this case?

Exactly! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by jwag74 View Post
    Looking though comments on a lot of sites/articles since this happened a lot of people keep debating the the fact the cops didn't have permission to get a blood draw. I think that misses the bigger picture, that is that even if the cop has a court order allowing a blood draw they still can't force any medical facility to do it.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken but my understanding has always been that the law/court order allowing the blood draw just allows the blood to be drawn, it in no way legally forces anybody to take the blood so even if they had a court order to get this guy's blood they still can't force the medical staff to do it. The medical facilities are actually doing this as a courtesy to the LEO agency not because they are legally required to do it. I'll have to see if I can Google the article up but I know a coupe years ago I read an article where some police agency was throwing a hissy fit because their local hospital decided to refuse to perform any blood draws for LEOs and they had to drive an extra 45 minutes to another facility which they felt was just giving the suspects an extra 45 min to sober up however there was nothing they could do about it because they can't force the medical staff to do the blood draw.
    You are correct....the asshole cop was a PD phlebotomist, and normally would have drawn the blood. The patient however was unconscious and in the burn ward, the cop did not have access to the patient so he attempted to demand the nurse do his job for him.

BTW, the only apparent justification for the blood draw was to try to find something in the victims bloodstream that could deflect the culpability of the PD in chasing the guy who ran into him.

The cop kidnapped the nurse....he unlawfully detained her (the definition of kidnapping). The PD conspired to deprive her of her rights in the discussion they had before hand where they agreed they had no right to do what they were going to do.

Under the Organized Crime Act (the RICO statute), that is a RICO violation.....the cops deprived her of her Constitutional Rights as defined in 42 USC 1983 and 42 USC 1985. Kidnapping is a felony under Utah law.

I don't expect it to happen, but the cop should be charged with kidnapping, and he and the conspiring cops should be charged federally for deprivation of the nurses civil rights. And the Mayor, the Chief of Police, and the cops involved should be charged under the RICO statute. They are NOT innocent actors caught up in an unfortunate event, that piss-poor excuse might have worked had they used it immediately after the incident: They waited for more than a month and came up with it after the incident became widely public.
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Don't ya all just Love how there are so many to help out Criminals however they can? Lol Yeah let's try and hold out on the blood draw and maybe he'll pass the test. F'ing bleeding heart aiding and abetters!!
    What happens when the PD is the criminal element?
    Good medicine in bad places

I agree everyone involved should be charged. I'm not saying the nurse is guilty of anything other than poor actions, she just might be a hero!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    Nothing and that nurse has the right to make her own decisions. I wasn't commenting on her actions in that case. Just actions I've seen in entirely too many cases. And to be clear, the Cop was WRONG in his actions and should have been fired...

Add- And you'll notice my comment was made in reference to and right after Jwags story of medical staff refusing to take blood and the Leo's had to drive to another Hospital. Seems we have some bleeding hearts here too! Lol
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 09-04-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    What happens when the PD is the criminal element?
    They should be arrested and tried!

Enjoyed this thread but I think we are missing a big point.

IMPLIED CONSENT

According to Utah (and many other states) if you get behind the wheel of a car you have given IMPLIED CONSENT for the cops to take blood, urine, breath, or oral fluids if they have probable cause to think you have done something wrong. So if the cop was wanting to take blood from the guy who had been running from the cops he would have had probable cause the there would have had implied consent and could have legally taken a sample. Where the cop messed up was the truck driver was not the criminal. He was a victim. And the cop said he was getting a sample to "rule him out"- to prove he DIDN'T have anything in his system. This is illegal. The law only lets you collect evidence to rule a suspect IN not rule a suspect OUT. Further complicating the matter is a rule that allows police to check big rig drivers for alcohol use at any time. Even without probable cause. So if he had just breathalyzer the trucker he would have been legal.

The most frightening aspect of all this is if you get behind the wheel you have given implied consent to have your fluids taken without a warrant. Chipping away at your rights. And the Supreme Court has said this is OK.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commen...s-complicated/
    Last edited by Militant_Medic; 09-10-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.