Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 more storms heading our way! Irma prediction of cat 5

I keep hearing our government tell us that we do not have a fuel shortage and that it is only panic buying that is causing gas stations to run out of fuel.

Well, if that were true then we would only have shortages for a couple of days, but this is not what is actually happening. Out of the 5 gas stations I pass on my way to work, 2 of them had no fuel.

Insiders in the industry as saying we have a fuel shortage due to 20% to 25% refining capability is off line.

Oh, the release of half a million barrels of crude from the oil reserves will save us! Not if you have a decreased refining capability.

Is it just me or do y'all also think we are being spoon fed a lie to keep the sheep calm?
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

oh yea law of supply and demand. you can't have a set demand (everday uses without panic buying) then decrease output without having a shortfall. They are just trying to keep people calm. Can't say I blame them for saying it, but it ain't true.
    Vox Populi!

Make sure you ck in so we won't worry about you.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    yea I started getting ready yesterday. Topping off and maxing out gas for the genny, picked up a couple more flats of bottled water. I am always buying food so that isn't a second thought to me. Gotta try and get some ply wood cut for the windows this weekend. But since picking back up a second job not many hours in the day to get it all done.
    Got most of my stuff done today... I work 12hr days for the next 8 days and I'll be stuck at the plant if it comes this way...
    Live Free or Die

Yup today every other gas station by me has no gas....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

how to keep track of the storm path for those that want to know.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1...?cone#contents
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    how to keep track of the storm path for those that want to know.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1...?cone#contents
    You need anything for the storm or after just hollar...I'm going to pm my # to you
    Live Free or Die