Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm effecting North Texas....

Default Storm effecting North Texas....

My local corner gas station is out of unleaded as of now. I'm darn near as far north as you can get. So.... filled up all the vehicles, jet skis and the 8 5-gal scepter fuel cans I have with mid grade fuel. Better safe than sorry.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    My local corner gas station is out of unleaded as of now. I'm darn near as far north as you can get. So.... filled up all the vehicles, jet skis and the 8 5-gal scepter fuel cans I have with mid grade fuel. Better safe than sorry.
    Man that's quick....I'll fuel up my cans today....
    Live Free or Die

On a hunting message board I'm on there are some guys there that work at some refineries here in Texas. They stated that there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes to keep gas coming to gas stations, but some will run out before new shipments can arrive. The EPA even relaxed some rules to make it easier to get gas to the gas stations. However, they stated it will be a few weeks till things get back to normal, as long as there are no delays caused by more storms.
    Last edited by 91CavGT; 08-30-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I thought you guys already had your cans full..................
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    LoL
    I keep about 100 gallons at the BOL... Then I have 5 5 Gal gas cans and 5 5gal diesel cans empty ....
    Last edited by C. Wildcat; 08-30-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I don't store gas at my house in my suburb! Not until the time is needed like now. It has a short shelf life and you know that! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I don't store gas at my house in my suburb! Not until the time is needed like now. It has a short shelf life and you know that! Lol
    Put Marine Stabil in the gas (it is designed for ethanol fuel) and it will stay good for a year. I rotate mine about every 3 months by filling up my car, then refilling the gas cans. I always use the Stabil and have never had an issue with the gas, even with the gas cans being stored outside under a lean to.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I store 100% gas with regular Stabil. I've used it up to 18 months with no problems at all. I to rotate mine thru the vehicles and refill the cans.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Put Marine Stabil in the gas (it is designed for ethanol fuel) and it will stay good for a year. I rotate mine about every 3 months by filling up my car, then refilling the gas cans. I always use the Stabil and have never had an issue with the gas, even with the gas cans being stored outside under a lean to.
    That's what I use too
    Live Free or Die

Yeah, filled up all of our vehicles today. I drive a work truck 5 days a week, and it's full. Wife's car is full, somebody stole my empty 5 gallon cans after I rotated last time, so I have a 2 gallon full in the garage for the mower. My personal vehicle got less than 500 miles last year, and its full, so if we run low my wife can run it for a few days even though it kinda sucks and needs work (regular maintenance items) right now. Quiktrip our local fuel mega station chain says they'll be stopping gas sales at 1/2 of their stores by Friday.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power