Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human condition /humanary stew

Yup Beo Iam a Hater!! I HATE Stupid Lazy Ignorant People!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Um. you guys are speaking as preppers. Yes, all of us on this website are ready to stay or go as the need arises. But most are not. And look at the first line of my post above...........

"I agree that for the most part "lazy" is the main problem with stupid maybe in a close second place."

But you will have to agree that many many people do not Have $50 for gas. And now the shelters that were set-up are having multiple problems. There are just too many people that need to get out from their homes. This is what, the 4th largest city in the USA? Where are all those people supposed to go? Camp grounds within 100 miles will be full, all motels will be full, the shelters are full, sure you could stay in your car (if you own one) and maybe not drown but that is about the only option.

No I do feel sorry for these people or any others that choose to live on the coast where they know for a fact that a hurricane will hit at some point. Plus I agree most people have bus fare or at least can hitch hike away to safety a day or two in advance.
    Unfortunately we will ALL suffer for this event. This will cost many many billions of dollars. The financial and economic impact will be felt by every single person in the USA no matter where they live.

You're still making BS excuses for those folks Hiwall! If they are not smart enough to prepare even in the cheapest littlest ways for natural disasters where they live..... then let Mother Nature take them where they belong!! It's not about "Being a Prepper". It's about Survival which any basic human has in them. Except for maybe Stupid folks!! And watching folks like that drown.... good for society I say as they'll ALWAYS be a burden on the rest of us...

Add- And just one more reason I don't live near the coast. I chose where I live as it's much safer Natural Disaster wise than other areas. Yeah we'll get a hail storm or occasional tornado. But I've also prepared for both....
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 08-28-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    (Heh, heh) Gonna have to add you to the list with Skeeter, bambam and me.
    We can call ourselves the Haters Club! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Um. you guys are speaking as preppers. Yes, all of us on this website are ready to stay or go as the need arises. But most are not. And look at the first line of my post above...........

"I agree that for the most part "lazy" is the main problem with stupid maybe in a close second place."

But you will have to agree that many many people do not Have $50 for gas. And now the shelters that were set-up are having multiple problems. There are just too many people that need to get out from their homes. This is what, the 4th largest city in the USA? Where are all those people supposed to go? Camp grounds within 100 miles will be full, all motels will be full, the shelters are full, sure you could stay in your car (if you own one) and maybe not drown but that is about the only option.

No I do feel sorry for these people or any others that choose to live on the coast where they know for a fact that a hurricane will hit at some point. Plus I agree most people have bus fare or at least can hitch hike away to safety a day or two in advance.
    Unfortunately we will ALL suffer for this event. This will cost many many billions of dollars. The financial and economic impact will be felt by every single person in the USA no matter where they live.
    Hiwall, in every society there are going to be times when some are going to actually NEED assistance. Those who, through no fault of their own, lost everything they had to forces beyond their control. Still, they will FIND a way to get to safety somehow. I don't mind helping those who tried to help themselves. At the same time there are those in every society who REFUSE to do anything to better/help themselves; the useless parasites who expect...almost demand...that others have the responsibility to do everything for them, but who are too ****ing lazy and sorry top lift a finger to do anything for themselves. Further, there are not many who can't do a little at a time well ahead of time to prepare for bad times. And they don't have to be wealthy to do so. All it takes is the realization that bad things happen, that NO ONE is exempt from it, and plan and act ahead of time. Set aside a few can of vegetables, a few bags of dried beans, a ten pound bag of rice, a little at a time along as you go, week to week, etc. After a while you have a pretty good store of supplies set aside, and you don't have to strain your brain to comprehend this. Prepping is simply planning ahead and ANYONE can do it. All you have to do is T-H-I-N-K and be WILLING...but, then, there are those who refuse to do so. NO! I absolutely feel no sympathy for them at all. The excuse you make for them only encourages them to continue down the same old dusty, bumpy road...that leads to nowhere.

It is a fact that about 40% of small businesses do not ever recover from major events like this. They just close. Just one of the economic facts about things like this.

I am not making excuses for anyone. I am only just stating the facts. I am like Skeeter in that I picked my home because there are no natural disasters here, except wildfires and we have very carefully chosen our spot to negate that event also.
    Saying someone does not have the means to evacuate does not mean that I feel sorry for them or that I am making excuses for them and their poor life choices. I only am stating a fact.

Great post Beo. I as well have no problem helping out Ederly folks and folks that tried to prepare or evacuate and their plans failed! The others.... Let Mother Nature take them away!!
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 08-28-2017 at 11:40 AM.

i am at at point where i don't care.
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.
    I am not going to give money to them.

It just keeps happening over n over in places prone to catastrophic events.

There's going to be billion$ flowing through shortly...............
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

We pay for it like it or not.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge