Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human condition /humanary stew

Default Human condition /humanary stew

We affectionatly call them sheep. We shake our head. Maybe silently snicker at them.
    But all that a side what makes people clueless?

As I sit here and watch news reports on Mean ol Mr Harvey I'm just dumbfounded. Days of advance warning. Still trying to get to a gas station for supplies. Wading through knee to waist deep water. Many with young kids on their shoulders. Idiots to numerous to tally losing thier cars and trucks because they think they can just drive away. The majority seem to be Toyota owners but that's for a different granola crunching convo.

But seriously what transpires in people's minds? Or doesn't for that matter. I've not lived or spent any significant amount of time anywhere then up here. And I know Texans are hearty folk generally speaking but honestly I'd put up our small population against any for a pound for pound evaluation of survival stats

So all jokes aside. Help me understand. In today's electronic world. There is no way anybody from the age of 3 - 65 didn't know the ****ing storm was coming.
    Are we really that clueless while spouting a superiority complex of ill be fine to oh **** I gotta wade to the gas station.

Are we truly doomed?
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Great topic and YES I think we are doomed! The Left puts out more and more of their kind simply because they run the Schools and Media. Common sense seems to be taught by only our kind. The Gvnmnt is also teaching the Ignorant to NOT be self sufficient as well. We can try and reteach the clueless but it's too much of an uphill battle it seems. Just look at what this new Administration has done in a short time that's actually good for us. But more and more are piling on to try and thwart it.

And back to the storm..... laziness is also a big part of stranded folks. I can say in my lifetime everyone I know whom works hard and or is successful are mostly Conservatives with common sense. Those I know that are getting by, just comfortable in life still lacking the finer things and can't afford Sh-t are those whom lean left. I don't see this turning around and only getting worse...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Watching the news and seeing these FOOLS stranded makes me angered at how IGNORANT and F'ing STUPID some of those folks really are!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Agree with you guys. I can't wrap my head around the severe lack of thinking here. We don't experience weather like this very often but when it threatens I have several plans in place. If needed I square away the house first and have vehicles ready to go. It's all about planning. Know where to go especially if you expect flooding.

Maybe this is the lords way of culling the galatically stupid. SMH
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Lmao@gallactically stupid
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Me too! Lol Yup that's right my Give-a-Damn meter is broken for good. It still reminds me of New Orleans, why live in an area below sea level!! Yup Rocket Scientists unite!! Lol

In regards to your Give-a-Damn meter I am with you. Told my wife if things go south I will not be taking anyone in or provide shelter. If I am able to I may give them some food or water and send them on their way. However I decide to whom and when that happens. Any shady 2 legged wildlife will be run off and followed to make sure they don't return.

We are in a sad state as of now but I truly believe all of us patriots will see this through and ensure we get back to what made us the USA!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

I'm beyond being angered by the stupidity. I no longer feel sympathy or sorrow for these idiots. They were forewarned, and did nothing to help themselves. So, they needn't bother to come asking me for anything. I read some politician, don't remember who, made the comment he "hoped Trump didn't make the same mistakes Bush made with Katrina". I suppose he was making reference to the fact that Bush didn't "pre-stage" supplies in the vicinity. Stupid klutzes don't have enough sense to understand that if you pre stage supplies very close, those supplies will only be destroyed along with everything else. I've heard many mindless "robots", before and after Katrina, blame Bush for not having relief supplies in the immediate area BEFORE Katrina made landfall. And Skeeter is absolutely right, these kind of "wonders" are being turned out of our schools because they're being indoctrinated by those witless fools masquerading as "teachers". Yeah, I kind of believe we're doing 90mph down a dead end street.

I've been thinking about moving to Alaska lately. Yeah I hear there's a guy up there with a big stash of Candy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I've been thinking about moving to Alaska lately. Yeah I hear there's a guy up there with a big stash of Candy. Lol
    Nah, not candy...twinkies. And he'll kick your arse if you mess wit them!