Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug out Vehicle

Default Bug out Vehicle

OK, I have found my dream BOV. I've been looking for a while, and even though it's a little more than I was wanting to pay, but the work is done, so I think it will be OK. A 52 Chevy 3100 5 window. Has stock Thriftmaster straight six, one barrel Rochester carb, three on the tree, Not sure what tranny that is, generator, starter pedal.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I've never heard of starter pedal........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Nice score Chip! My grandpa had a 49 that I wish I had gotten from him when he upgraded to a 72 F100
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    youngster...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    On many older vehicles you did not turn the key to start. Instead there was a starter button on the dash or on the floorboards.

That truck is almost 30 years older than me, it was an antique before I was born. Lol

I learned to drive in a 55 3100, but I love the five window thing and split windshield.It's not cherry showroom quality, but in much better shape than I was willing to accept. I had found another but bed was shot, so thought about going flatbed. Seriously never heard of a starter pedal, dang I'm old. So yes or no, dimmer switch on floor?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Yes, I've driven cars and trucks both with the dimmer on the floor. Never drove a three on the tree, I'm assuming there was a clutch......

Don't feel bad flock I didn't know that either. Truck only has me by 20 years lol
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I learned to drive in a 55 3100, but I love the five window thing and split windshield.It's not cherry showroom quality, but in much better shape than I was willing to accept. I had found another but bed was shot, so thought about going flatbed. Seriously never heard of a starter pedal, dang I'm old. So yes or no, dimmer switch on floor?
    You hear the car companies are putting the high beam headlight switch back on the floor? Too many blondes getting their feet stuck in the steering wheel!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge