Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone watch our Presidents address tonight?

Default Did anyone watch our Presidents address tonight?

It was incredible! I got that one time feeling that I thought I'd never have again after one of Regans address's that made everyone speechless!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Didn't see it but already know the guy is in my corner.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I watched it. He was Presidential, but I do not agree with his plan to put more of our troops in harms way. His original plan to leave Afgan was better.

If we don't fight and irradiate terrorist there, where they are, we will no doubt have to fight them here. is that what you want? Either way, ISIS,TALIBAN AND AL QIETA leave us no choice. These terrorist do not respond to deplomacy. They have to be irradiated. Our military agrees and supports his decision and are ready and willing to vindicate their brothers in arms. They will no longer have died invane.
    Our military is under new leadership. A leadership that gives our military the decisions and tools to get the job done. Unlike previous CIC, Trump will not command from behind a desk. He will not be calling the shots!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Afghanistan is a bad deal all around IMO. If we leave, the taliban will likely return to power and Afghanistan will likely become a haven for terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda and ISIS. On the other hand, we can't stay there forever as it will eventually bankrupt our nation. I still support Trump; I just think it's a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation.

I understand, but, Trump didn't create this mess. If we keep kicking the can down the road, eventually we won't have a road to kick it down. Hopefully, with the freedom to fight the real fight with the tools our military needs, this won't take years. This isn't Trumps war. This is Obama's war he created. We can't sit back and let them grow stronger like Obama did by funding the enemy we should have been getting rid of!

i was out stick fighting for fun, but i'll watch it later

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    If we leave, the taliban will likely return to power and Afghanistan will likely become a haven for terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda and ISIS.
    Likely? Lmfao!! YES that Country will turn into the largest Terrorist training safe haven in the world. Why not just go back and finish the job? With a new Potus and Military Leaders that NOW have a backbone and will finally finish the job and kill them all off like needs to be done!! This new Administration isn't playing by PC rules anymore and they seem to really not give a sh-t about anyone whom doesn't want them to do what really needs to be done. KILL TERRORISTS where they live and breed end of story....

Add- F$&k I wish I was 20 something again!! I'd join the Military again and volunteer to go over there in a heartbeat under this Administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 08-22-2017 at 03:50 AM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Likely? Lmfao!! YES that Country will turn into the largest Terrorist training safe haven in the world. Why not just go back and finish the job? With a new Potus and Military Leaders that NOW have a backbone and will finally finish the job and kill them all off like needs to be done!! This new Administration isn't playing by PC rules anymore and they seem to really not give a sh-t about anyone whom doesn't want them to do what really needs to be done. KILL TERRORISTS where they live and breed end of story....

Add- F$&k I wish I was 20 something again!! I'd join the Military again and volunteer to go over there in a heartbeat under this Administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I understand your sentiment, but I feel that if the soviets couldn't defeat them, then we're unlikely to succeed as well. The soviets didn't play by the rules, and weren't PC either. Even if we did kill all of the terrorists in Afghanistan, they'll always regroup in Pakistan and launch attacks from there. There simply isn't an easy fix for it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    I understand your sentiment, but I feel that if the soviets couldn't defeat them, then we're unlikely to succeed as well. The soviets didn't play by the rules, and weren't PC either. Even if we did kill all of the terrorists in Afghanistan, they'll always regroup in Pakistan and launch attacks from there. There simply isn't an easy fix for it IMO.
    I agree. Over there, we are not fighting against people that you can kill and stop. We are fighting an ideology. So even if we wipe out every single fighter, we have not stopped the root cause, which is the ideology. Until we find a way to change their ideaology, we are in a loosing battle.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best