Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold smoker Ideas

Default Cold smoker Ideas

I'm going to build a smokehouse.... looking for ideas/plans for the fire box....My great-granddad had a small pit in the center that he keep his fire in, but his smoke house was huge so heat wasn't an issue....
    Live Free or Die

most cold smokers are designed with firebox/pit outside, so only the smoke is piped into the smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    most cold smokers are designed with firebox/pit outside, so only the smoke is piped into the smoker.
    Yes sir.... I understand that part.... looking for ideas for fire box and the pipe on the outside.....
    Live Free or Die

I've saw plans using a charcoal drill piped into the smokehouse. If I ever get one built I think that's what I'll try if I don't find a better idea beforehand.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

My front porch in montana would probably be a good cold smoker right now. We have so much smoke in the air it smells like a campfire or brush fire when you walk outside.

Build a cold smoker with the simplest cheapest supplies and try it out. I have barrel stoves and spare barrel stove kits so if i was building a smoker tomorrow I would use one of those and black stove pipe to run it into a shed.

Our cold smoker chamber is an old cast iron potbelly wood stove I found at a consignment shop here in town for $20.00.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Friend of mine built a fire pit in the ground, covered with an old piece of 1/4 steel, dirt on top , and a stovepipe to pipe in the smoke.

Move to alaska
    It's always cold smoking
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Our cold smoker chamber is an old cast iron potbelly wood stove I found at a consignment shop here in town for $20.00.
    I like this.... I have a small cast iron stove that would probably work....
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Friend of mine built a fire pit in the ground, covered with an old piece of 1/4 steel, dirt on top , and a stovepipe to pipe in the smoke.
    That's a good idea too...
    Live Free or Die