Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I planted more fruit trees

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    I've been told you can't, however that was from a Nursery guy that wanted to sell me some of his grafted trees... One of the reasons they use grafted trees is to put a weak variety on a strong root system. I have 4 paper shell that have been raised from seed, were getting big enough to produce then a wild fire took them out, the volunteers from the trunks have just now reached 10' or so, I saw blossoms on one of them this spring, but not sure if they set or not.

Rancher
    Any updates on your trees ?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I planted 14 lemon trees and 4 more avocado trees today. Also planted a few more grape cutting I started this Spring and they took off like crazy!
    I started the lemon trees from seed and the avocado trees from grafts. They all took off strong once they formed roots. WOOHOOOO!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I sat down and put together an order of $1,000 worth of fruit, nut, berries...plants and trees, I didn't order but it has to count for something right? LOL
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I've got room for one more probably peach tree, and can't decide if I should pull another and replace, it is lame and sick looking. Wish I had room for more. I could pant at ranch, but my hand just doesn't get growing anything, and needing water.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I, like many people on this forum I'd imagine, wish they had the time, land, and wherewithal to do what has been described in this thread. Thank you for sharing your process Cammy. I've copied it down and out of this thread for future use. While you were off grafting stuff, I finally managed to grow two dozen potatoes but only after I managed to contain my FIL's panache for over watering everything multiple times a day with his Rain One irrigation system. Sure hope it doesn't hit the fan anytime soon because the large family garden didn't fare so well due to the over watering and in-laws reluctance to trim a stinking tree. Just keep moving forward and solving problems I guess.
    Hannibal ad portas