Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya from the front range

Default Hiya from the front range

Hiya poor old soul here born and raised in the more remote areas of Illinois although these days stuck in an apartment in the city in Colorado while watching radicals push us closer and closer to a nationwide collapse. This is why i have gotten into the habit of prepping not to mention the extra task of doing it while having to maximize space in a small apartment. I dont align with either side when it comes to politics I just can not stand the problems the radicals from both sides are causing thus i wish to prep in case things turn for the worse. Not to mention it is prudent to be ready for other problems such as local power grid interruptions from storms, tornadoes, flooding, ect... I have already experienced a building fire thankfully the fire wall and fire door that my apartment was up against did its job and i didnt lose anything although it took 5-6 months having to crash on the couches of friends due to the fire codes requiring 2 points of exit i had to wait until the exit was repaired to return home. So i even survived my own little small SHTF scenario and not looking forward to another and plan to be prepped better should another situation arise.

I am also a gunsmithing student although still have not decided what aspect of it i wish to focus on so many options, I enjoy hiking and camping as well as fishing, hunting, and bushcraft though as a student in a city havnt had much time in the recent years due to the distance of places to enjoy those activities and the cost to get there we do at least have a nice trail system which makes jogging and biking an option. looking forward to learning what you have to offer and sharing what i have.

Not sure how active this forum is as it took a week or 2 for my account to be activated perhaps the admins where just so busy rotating their food stores

Welcome
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Hello and good hunting. If you are in denver there are better places to be. I lived there a while and would not go back. I might humbly suggest a used bicycle, thrift store tent and sleeping bag and the knowledge of a gulch out of town. All doable living on little and living in an apartment.

Welcome
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Welcome Qua-do!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
    Hello and good hunting. If you are in denver there are better places to be. I lived there a while and would not go back. I might humbly suggest a used bicycle, thrift store tent and sleeping bag and the knowledge of a gulch out of town. All doable living on little and living in an apartment.
    thankfully not denver but still a sizable city wont be fun if i have to bug in bugging out only really possible if i get some advanced warning to avoid the riots. but ya keeping a bike handy and knowing the trail system is part of my plan.

Welcome
    Live Free or Die

Glad you found us, and I'm the reason it took so long to let you in. No reason, except this is my fawning season so at the ranch on borrowed internet.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

That's no fawning excuse man !
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Yup Ol Chip is now on Report! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!