Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: we are main stream now.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Beowulf, It was not really my intent to pick on you, or anyone on this site, for that matter. I am sure that you, like Cammie, like TexasSkeeter, and like me, have given a great deal of thought and even preperation for SHTF and have given the implications of self defense serious thought.
    This prep does not make you a bad person. If it does....were that my intention, then I have painted myself with the same brush.
    While I only know the people here from what I read here, everyone here I think can say they are a good person.

Even Machiavelli said "good person" when he made the statement I quoted. He didn't mean that the good person would transmorgrify into an evil person, but that he must learn how to take ruthless unhindered action to defend themself in a situation where he might have seconds to react.
    Most people go through their lives never thinking of this, never preparing even in their own minds, and wind up starry eyed, deer like caught in the headlights when the real life Negan pops up with a barbed wire wrapped bat trying to clobber them.
    We all know these people exist. Some here have them as family, friends, neighbors, and have discussed them here.
    Beowulf, you are not Grendel; you're a good guy. The fact you have decided to defend yourself and family is a good thing.
    And likewise to Cammie, Texaskeeter, and the rest.

Again....STAY FROSTY!
    I know, TG. My reply wasn't directed at you, just a general statement...as was yours. True, far too many people have never considered the fact that they may someday be forced to turn to violence to defend themselves and their loved ones. Mental preparation is critically important. One must come to terms with the fact that there is a savage lurking quietly beneath the surface of their civility, and be ready to lit it loose when the time comes...or they're going to die. Hard fact, but plain truth. FWIT, its a great comfort to me knowing folks like you, skeeter, Cammi, bambam...and so many others here stand right beside me in this. AND, your post my give cause, for some who aren't sure what they're capable of, to do some hard thinking about it. That's a good thing. To borrow a Clint Eastwood phrase, "A man's GOT TO know his limitations". Best for one to have given it much thought, and know well before hand, what one is/isn't capable of; will/will not do in a given situation. Sadly, there are some who just don't/won't have it in them...and I feel sorry for them...'cause they will die needlessly. Its ugly to think about, but simply the stark reality of it.

While not as keen on moivies in my points I am reminded in events of recent and with the election last November....of an author named William Johnstone.

He writes a series of Western books ..but also another series known as the Ashes series...as in Out of the Ashes. A post fall of the United States type series.

What I recall was his description in his Out of the Ashes series about a United States in which the Blacks, the gays, the feminists, the Atheists and others of the radical and violent tendencies joined together and openly hunted down Conservatives and in particular Christian Conservatives and with the blessings of the government. I thought, in view of events since the Obama Administration, that this was rather prescient or omniscient if you prefer.

What I also noted in William Johnstone's satire...the President who came to power on the heels and votes of all these leftist radicals was a Muslim..named Ohm Shiddi.

It took me some chapters to realize that President Ohm Shiddi was a take off of the Hindu Holy word...Ohmmmmm.. And Shiddi....it rather obvious in it's satire.

He was calling the President ....President Holy S--t!!!

I too am concerned greatly for the fall of basic civilities and decencies in this nation and people...the turning of this nation over to Two Legged Wildlife...turning it deliberately over to Ishmaelites.

Gotta run now.

Catch up with the boards later,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 08-16-2017 at 05:53 AM.

I envy your knowledge and reading ability OT. Wish I had more time and the want to read more books. But by the same token I can still see what's transpiring in the Country and it's a damn shame there are many out there that don't see what's coming...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

quote from site : [QUOTE]I sincerely hope we never find out, but I am pessimistic about the future.[\QUOTE]

I'm not..
    1) It will take 'violence' to quell the violence.
    2) It will do no good to make them go to time-out, soft gloves do not work, having a comfort pet will not work.

I don't see it improving.
    Look at the post made about no respect for 'privacy' or respect for property when your on the beach. For that matter anywhere.

Has the USA become a group of selfish people

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Sadly I come from the 'you aint seen nuthin yet' crowd... The Cloward and Piven, 1960's Progressives have been laying the ground work for this for 50 years...

The article was a good read...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    While not as keen on moivies in my points I am reminded in events of recent and with the election last November....of an author named William Johnstone.

He writes a series of Western books ..but also another series known as the Ashes series...as in Out of the Ashes. A post fall of the United States type series.

What I recall was his description in his Out of the Ashes series about a United States in which the Blacks, the gays, the feminists, the Atheists and others of the radical and violent tendencies joined together and openly hunted down Conservatives and in particular Christian Conservatives and with the blessings of the government. I thought, in view of events since the Obama Administration, that this was rather prescient or omniscient if you prefer.

What I also noted in William Johnstone's satire...the President who came to power on the heels and votes of all these leftist radicals was a Muslim..named Ohm Shiddi.

It took me some chapters to realize that President Ohm Shiddi was a take off of the Hindu Holy word...Ohmmmmm.. And Shiddi....it rather obvious in it's satire.

He was calling the President ....President Holy S--t!!!

I too am concerned greatly for the fall of basic civilities and decencies I this nation and people...the turning of this nation over to Two Legged Wildlife...turning it deliberately over to Ishmaelites.

Gotta run now.

Catch up with the boards later,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    I read most of the "OUT OF THE ASHES" series, 'bout thirty some odd books of the series. Don't have them anymore though. Ben Raines and his army of rebels; originally settled in the "Tri States" area.

Also, not to disagree, but I think Ohm Shiddi was in a different series. I remember it also. I could be wrong, though, Too many years have passed. It all painted a grim picture of what life would probably be like post SHTF. We may find out before too much more time elapses. I don't look forward to it. Out of the Ashes was a post nuclear exchange, mostly between Russia and the U.S. Good reading.....that will scare the sh*t out of you. Definitely sobering and thought provoking...if ones has any brains in one's head...and one is smart enough to take a serious, realistic look at current events.
    Last edited by beowulf; 08-15-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Lol!! Jack Elam..... L'dMFAO!!
    Can't you just see Cammi turning her head a bit sideways, tilting it somewhat, and giving you that old squinty-eye look the way Jack Elam could. Scare the stink off sh*t, it would!

lol I think yer right. Damn I miss the good old fashioned actors....

IMG_5584.jpg
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 08-16-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I read most of the "OUT OF THE ASHES" series, 'bout thirty some odd books of the series. Don't have them anymore though. Ben Raines and his army of rebels; originally settled in the "Tri States" area.

Also, not to disagree, but I think Ohm Shiddi was in a different series. I remember it also. I could be wrong, though, Too many years have passed. It all painted a grim picture of what life would probably be like post SHTF. We may find out before too much more time elapses. I don't look forward to it. Out of the Ashes was a post nuclear exchange, mostly between Russia and the U.S. Good reading.....that will scare the sh*t out of you. Definitely sobering and thought provoking...if ones has any brains in one's head...and one is smart enough to take a serious, realistic look at current events.

You may be correct here Beowulf about how the series ran or did not run. There were a great many of the books in this series just as were there in the western series of books.

While I enjoyed them you are correct...they gave me a pucker in the backside in some of his descriptions of what would or might possibly happen. But I do recall his prescience in writing about the Atheists, the feminists, and other minorities joining together to go after and run down those on the right and in particular Christians...no mercy. As time went by you could see this pattern merging on the left as the Democrats in particular is trying to join together all these "Victim" groups into a voting block....while the So called Republicans remain silent on all of these happenings.

I think this is one of the things which so pissed off the left/Democrats in their Entitlement beliefs. They were supposed to have all the votes they needed to put Hillary and Company in power...but for some reason enough of Americans knew something was not right here and voted differently...even the electors. They are still trying to put the whole country into deep Kim Chee by their Ishmaelite Entitlement Beliefs and anger.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Jack Elam makes me laugh!

My stink eye has a much more potent/lasting affect.

Attachment 1407
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.