Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everytown for Gun Safety takes victory lap

Angry Everytown for Gun Safety takes victory lap

http://gunowners.org/everytown-takes-victory-lap.htm

Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall

In a Thursday report, Michael Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety took a victory lap over the fact that the Republicans control the House yet Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) is not advancing national reciprocity.

National Reciprocity was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017 and Gun Owners of America reported that it had 199 co-sponsors by June 21, 2017. Yet Second Amendment supporters have seen no action on the bill from Ryan or Congressional leadership.

So Everytown is claiming a win.

Politico reported, “Republicans in Washington keep promising rollbacks of gun control laws” but “so far haven’t taken action on any on it.”

There is no evidence that Everytown has anything to do with Ryan’s inaction, but the inaction lets Everytown gloat nonetheless.

Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY), Mo Brooks (R-AL), and Barry Loudermilk (R-KY) emerged from the June 14 Alexandria attack with a sharp focus on concealed carry and the ability to have a gun on one’s person for self-defense regardless of the state (or district) through which one is traveling. Second Amendment supporters hope Massie, Brooks, and Loudermilk can motivate Ryan to act on behalf of gun owners at a time like this; a time when Republicans control the House and Senate, and have a president who has already made clear he supports national reciprocity for concealed carry.

Paul Ryan is a leemer and needs to be tossed out on his head! I never could stand that POS poser!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Ryan needs to go, but the opportunity has passed.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

This guy needs to take over for Ryan

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nsin-republic/

I'm honestly absolutely disgusted with the GOP for letting this opportunity to pass pro-gun legislation up. They're only interested in being a do nothing Congress, and giving us lip service.

I'm infuriated with the POS Retardicans!! They are in charge and STILL haven't passed a thing for our new Potus to sign!! This bill was good for the people, a poke in the Leftards eye and was a simple win for us. But NOOOOOO they couldn't even pass it!! And they all ran on being pro gun. BS!!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

There are enough GOP that back Trump, that he could have his own secret meeting like O did.
    Trump should bypass Congress like O did, behind closed door. Write and Pass the bill by EO, Allow the idiot Federal judge(s) to force the EO into the SC. Get my drift?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Shoulda Coulda Woulda.... We have ONLY our new Potus at this point trying to make this Country great again!! They have all 3 Branches and are still Phucking around. Personally I think all those impeding positive progress should be SHOT for Treason!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Now you know why the Founders detested a 2-party system. If they saw the 17th Amendment, they would have ripped Congress a new hole.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Didn't what the Founders gave use pretty much eventuate a two party system as it was, despite the fact they were not the same two parties we know and love today?
    Not sure I'd like a one party system....sort of like having a king. Too many parties and even with the one you support in power you won't see it enact the agenda you like as it will not be powerful enough to overcome the resistance.

Nah......... I sorta like the kakistocracy we have. Well....maybe... I dunno. Maybe not.

I HATE POLITICS.