Thread: APRN American Preppers Radio Net ?

Default APRN American Preppers Radio Net ?

APRN American Preppers Radio Net

Has not been updated since 2010.
    States moving to new web server and links another domain that is inactive.

The supposed new domain link is taprn.net, with i take to mean Texas American Preppers Network.
    They might have ment taprn.com, that domain was active at one time and now for sale.

Anyone use to associate with the blog and the radio net?

Update : I did find info here from 2009.
    WhenSHTF-com-radio-net

There is a post in there about making regional nets, i wonder if that taprn.net/com was suppose to be the start of a Texas net for preppers.
    Last edited by Nicor; 07-11-2017 at 06:41 PM.

googling taprn comes up with https://amrron.com/nets-regional-nat...-regional-net/

it's "the American preparedness radio network"

Quote Originally Posted by austinrob View Post
    googling taprn comes up with https://amrron.com/nets-regional-nat...-regional-net/
    it's "the American preparedness radio network"
    Yes, but the domain name of taprn.net is not taken. That tarpn.net is the one redirected to as the new aprn and i assume with taprn.net was meant to be a local texas net.
    the domain name of taprn.com is up for sale.

emailed one the admins of the original site and he states the two people that were admin of the original APRN ran out free time to keep it going and another person took over it.
    This person now has not done anything with it as the original site states they moving to a different server, but the domain domain it uses was never bought (taprn.net).

One of the original admins of APRN was very informative as to what had happened to the site.
    Mostly not enough free time to keep the site updated and run the net.
    They moved from 160m (seasonal) to 80m to get more coverage during the year.
    He stated they found out 80m was just too crowded to really work with as a net.

Asked him about ones coming on and calling them crazy.
    He said there very few and they would just ignore the naysayers.

I don't have enough experience to run a net.
    the domain of taprn.net would be a good start for a local texas prepper net or even buy the original "APRN American Preppers Radio Net"

This one you mentioned "the American preparedness radio network" seems like it might have been 'taprn.com'. That domain name is the one for sale at +200$.

I had heard that there was a group meeting on the HF bands but my work schedule does not allow me to monitor with any regularity. Also I am using a Tescun 660 short wave set when at work and when I have time...hooked up to 40 feet of external antenna. This antenna does not well monitor the 160 meter band as I need a longer antenna for 160 meters.

But 80 meters...my receiver system works fine. I was glad to get the frequencies and will try to monitor...time and labors allowing.

When I have slack time I let the boss know how to get in touch with me and I hook up my antenna and work the lower end of the various bands to keep my CW skills up to par. It has definitely helped. This is a perishable skill if one does not keep it up.

I will be checking those frequencies when time and labor constraints allow. I have jotted them down.

My friend out in Tennessee has more time during those hours of the evening and is the first to tell me of this group meeting on the bands.

Right now...static crashes on both 160 and 80 meters are increasing. We have had to use a bit of power to make the trip between here on the Chesapeake Bay to near Johnson City, Tennessee. But when we can hook up..it is enjoyable and we tend to go to the lower portion towards the extra section of the bands to get away from much of the traffic...but that will not do for most Amateurs.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

HF bands across the board were horrible all weekend...
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

"APRN".... Could be a cooking group that gets together too. Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by hadite81 View Post
    HF bands across the board were horrible all weekend...
    I haven't been on, radio sorta broke. Sent it off for repair and got it back.
    Not really much wrong but needed alignment.
    Now Signalink is broke and waiting on parts to come in to fix it.

I don't do phone, just digital. (hi/bye)
    Have nothing to talk about, don't care for rag chewing.

Did pass my Extra Class last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    "APRN".... Could be a cooking group that gets together too. Lol
    Yep, a preppers group about how to dehydrate all kinds of goodies.

Did pass my Extra Class last Sunday.
    Congratulations Nicor on passing your Extra Class test.

I don't remember if or when you mentioned your QTH. I am on the Chesapeake Bay of Virginia.

Between the work I am planning to do..I hope to find time to get on the bands on 75 meters or later 160 both nights this weekend.

We try to meet on 1.993 MHZ on 160 meters and sometimes go to a quieter location on this band as this frequency is often used by local nets.

On 75 meters we try to QSY after hooking up to the lower/Extra portion of the band around 3.610 MHZ to 3. 650 MHZ..the less traveled portion of the band.

This usually between 9 and 10 pm EST. We are both in EST.

Again....congratulations on earning your Extra Class License.

hadite81, Are you able to work the Extra portion of the frequency band spread??? Particularly on 75 and 160 meters. Not sure of your QTH.

73 to you and your house,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 08-19-2017 at 10:08 AM.