Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate wealth redistribution...............

Sorry Cammie, gotta agree with skeeter on this . Theft is theft. First a hotdog, then a pair of shoes , then grand theft auto. A good a$$ beating at a young age for stealing a pencil would stop a lot of this crap. But that would be child abuse wouldn't it ?

It's moral education Bam. Not abuse
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Just a couple of weeks ago, an 15 year engineer at my company was fired, and showed the door after he was caught the third time (on camera) stealing food from the employee fridge. He must have had a raging hunger, and a short wallet, because the machines were all full, and operating. I wonder what his wife and kids thought of his indiscretions.

Agree...theft is theft...

I grin at the laxative recourse to the theft.

I do not, However, want to lower myself to such nor cutting off someone's hands...so to speak.

What makes this a sensitive issue in particular where I work is that this is a nuclear facility.

There is a certain thoroughness and honor in what we do....by strict procedures....strict protocols...step by step by step...

If one steals from another...what is to say or indicate that if one makes a mistake they do not lie about it or blame someone else...for failure to follow protocol.

There is a much more important and further sense of honor...trust...confidence.

We are part of a specially trained team which handles/installs the fuel cells for refueling these Nimitz class aircraft carriers and on occasion get farmed out to another shipyard facility to help/assist those teams installing the fuel core in the submarines being built here.
    We have special training and must keep and maintain our qualifications....for each ship which comes in to be refueled.

Would you want this kind of individual on your team in such critical work???

It is not just this type of work..for there are many jobs/tasks across this country which are critical..and require trust/confidence when working with other people whether working in a team type environment or not .

My mother used to work in a hospital wherein they made up these operating kits with all the needed tools...and then put them in a sterilizing machine called an autoclave.

If I correctly remember what I saw when bringing her lunch one evening...these kits were specifically assembled and sterilized for specific surgeries or uses. This requires a certain knowledge and training to get it right..not BS or such...deceit..lying. It requires a certain confidence and trust...from the assembly/sterilization to the operating room.
    There were some strange looking tools in some of those kits.

My Dad ..in the Air Force..he ran a jet engine shop...again trust and confidence.

This kind of thing puts a shadow onto the confidence in our work place.

That is what is really the issue in the background. Trust ...confidence in a member of the teams.
    Or would it be better stated as a possible weak link in the chain.

Camouflaged...thanks for that link. I've never considered such a cooler. I shall keep it in mind. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

My .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 07-08-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Seems a little extreme, but I agree that theft is theft. It looks to me though that this was the excuse that they needed to get rid of an employee. I have been in business(es) for 30 years and never paid an unemployment claim for unjust termination.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Food was literally taken from two mouths! A dog or two could and should be overlooked, but the whole package......that's common right there.

I'll give anything I can, when where and to whom I choose......... nothing worse than a thief whether it be a piece of gum or a Ferrari.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

This will be the real problem if SHTF, and the non-prepped people (zombies) start wandering aimlessly though the countryside with arms outstretched searching for someone who had the forethought to prepare. Theft is theft, and when it comes to my livelyhood, it's me or them (to whatever end God sees fit).

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    This will be the real problem if SHTF, and the non-prepped people (zombies) start wandering aimlessly though the countryside with arms outstretched searching for someone who had the forethought to prepare. Theft is theft, and when it comes to my livelyhood, it's me or them (to whatever end God sees fit).

Yeah...ckelly78z, This is a horrible nightmare of mine along with being stuck on a desert Island with about 400 people who only know how to dial a phone and text message...while screaming.."Im a Victim...I'm a Victim."

Orangetom