Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How prepared, really?

Living on a farm now, my family seems to be healthier than most when it comes to minor irritants. Myself personally, I find that I don't whine about bug bites, splinters, poison ivy, minor cuts, muscle aches, tooth aches, and other percieved ailments. So many of my friends have an arsenal of pain relievers on hand for any inconvenient nuisance pain.

On a daily basis, I have mud, horse crap, chicken crap, wood chips/sawdust, grease, and as I refer to it as "schmutz" on my hands, shoes, and clothes. I hardly own a shirt that doesn't have a rip/tear, wear mark of some sort.

While I don't usually drink out of the horse trough, I do believe that subjecting youself to less than ideal conditions improves your imunity to the minor stuff.

The pussification of America is almost complete when half of the adds on TV are for pain relievers/mood enhancers.

There's a spring on one of the farms that we have a pipe running out of, when me and the kids are out there we lower the pipe to flush out the bugs, crawdads and debris. We keep a jar nearby we rinse it out and have our fill, there's a nice creek on our big farm that's given me the runs a few times, but that cold flowing water is hard to resist on a hot summer day!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I don't currently have any, but I think a supply of lifestraws might be in order to maintain my digestive happiness if SHTF. I do have about 20 individual gallons of clean drinkable water in storage now.