Thread: baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Default baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

my farmstead friends just picked up a wether and three ewes.. suffolks,, yearlings ,, folks didn't want them any more,, and they hadn't been clipped this spring either.. boy they are still scrambling
    Hog panels up.. I donated one sheep mineral block and one sheep raising book and a salt block and went to nearest feed store and got high dollar manual clippers,,
    gotta get it down to 1/2 inch from the skin or they lose them from the heat index . Tomorrow we scramble at landfill for wood pallets to enlarge the area they are in..at least they have shade and good grass and fresh water.. Tags are still on.
    Someone is also giving away a trio of llamas one male and two females,, bismanonline.com here in North Dakota. these would make great livestock gaurds. but we don't have enough room set up for that many at this time.
    they want all three to go with same rehome.
    now we have to contact nearest vet to see what they need for shots and such..

Oh boy. You got your hands full!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Llamas are the dumbest animals on the face of this earth. We were given 6 of them , and put them in a native hardwood horse stall with a hog panel door. When they weren't cribbing/tearing up the wood, they got their heads stuck through the door holes in the hog panels. 3 times, I had to get bolt cutters to remove stuck heads because they will not back up. On the fourth occurence, I thought I would be smart and poured some grain feed next to them on the floor, thinking that this would make them back up......WRONG, they stuck their already stuck head back through another panel hole, and happily munched grain with thier neck stuck though two holes in a loop.

well they didn't go get the llamas, and they aren't putting up more panels.. I've done all I could to give them a good start but they aint my critters and its all on them now..

Lol at the llamas, either you've posted this before or I've heard it somewhere else.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

llamas aren't horses they should be out with the sheep .. browsing..