Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna be getting a new(to me) vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    The thing about buying a truck, is that if you pay for 4WD, or for diesel, or both up front, you will get that money back out of it when you sell. I have a 99 F250 diesel 4WD Lariat truck that (according to N.A.D.A book) is still worth over $6000 with 235K miles, and rust.
    Yeah. We aren't looking at a diesel due to all of the constraints the EPA mandates on new diesel trucks.

I went by the Honda dealership this morning and pretty much got blown off. This solidifies our decision to trade in my wife's Pilot. I went to a local dealership last night and talked to a salesman and a sales manager and they really couldn't touch the deal that a dealer 40 miles from here has. So this morning we are going to this dealer 40 miles away and seeing if they can give us a lot better deal like we were told we would get yesterday morning. We really want the 4 wheel drive but it all depends on the deal we get as to if it matches our budget.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I love playing dealerships against each other! Especially when one dealership leaves me a voice mail message stating they will give us what we owe on my wife's Pilot.

Ok. It looks like I have narrowed it down to 2 vehicles. Either a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Jeep Liberty. I'm not too familiar with the 3.7L v6 in the Liberty but I know the 4.0L in the Grand Cherokee.

What do y'all think?

No.... get one of these. Lol

IMG_5264.jpg
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Those look like Ford headlights.

I wish I could get a super beefy BOV, but with a probable budget of about $4000, it really limits what I can get.

After doing more research last night, I have just about eliminated the Liberty. The 3.7L motor does not have a good reputation for reliability like the 4.0L has.

I find myself looking at the older Grand Cherokees. Then I'll find a different vehicle that gets my attention only to find out something bad about it, and I end up back at the Grand Cherokee again.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    After doing more research last night, I have just about eliminated the Liberty. The 3.7L motor does not have a good reputation for reliability like the 4.0L has.

I find myself looking at the older Grand Cherokees. Then I'll find a different vehicle that gets my attention only to find out something bad about it, and I end up back at the Grand Cherokee again.
    My wife is currently driving a 2006 3.7L V6 Jeep Liberty Laredo, with a 6 speed trans. She loves it, but it just doesn't have nearly the power/torque that a 4.0L inline 6 Cherokee has. My son has a 240K mile 97 Cherokee that will pull stumps, and run circles around the liberty. Amazingly, the Cherokee still gets better fuel mileage than the Liberty also. For a BOV, the Cherokee has so much more room, power, and efficiency.

I'm currently looking at 2 Grand Cherokees, a diesel Jeep Liberty (although it's $1500 above my budget, and a Saturn Relay (minivan)).

A factory diesel?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    A factory diesel?
    Yes. Only made in 2005 and 2006 due to EPA regulations. It was a 2.8L VM Motori made turbo diesel. Those models, with a time out on them, allow the Jeep Liberty to get better than 30 mpg while putting out about 180 hp and 335 ft lbs. I would love to have one, but seriously doubt I could swing the extra $$$$ for one.