Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zucchini Tart Scarpaccia

Apparently parchment paper is not the same as wax paper.........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Hahaha!!!! Wax paper? Oh nooooo!
    Well, other than that, how did it turn out, excluding the wax?
    Just an FYI, PARCHMENT PAPER IS FOR BAKING AT HIGH TEMPS. I line everything with parchment paper that goes in the oven.
    Only time I use wax paper is to wrap homemade butter or line my counter with it when I'm rolling out dough.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Is wax paper better for lining your stomach than Pepto Bismol ?

Might be good to stay in a warm climate, until it passes out, lol

It was very good, except having to peel wax paper............. The tomatoes gave it a nice flavor punch, I wish I had used a little more garlic.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Looks good flock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

I like lots O garlic too. I've altered this recipe in several different ways. There is no right/wrong way. Just the base needs to be true for it to casorole properly and not be runny or too loose.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I made this this past Wednesday, wow was it good. I did modify it a little bit though. Instead of parchment paper or wax paper etc, I greased the bottom of the pan and used puff pastry. This made into a sort of quiche that was really really really tasty.

The first batch I made as per directions above and it was considered by all to be delicious. 8 out of 10.

The second batch:
    I added Cheddar and home (Hickory) smoked ham on one side : 9 out of 10 << The sample group are all hearty meat eaters
    I added Parsley and Mozerella to the other: 6 out of 10 << I wound up with all the leftovers

All in all I was very much impressed with the meal!!!! GREAT RECIPE!!!!!!!

In hindsight, the only change I would make (except spicing it to taste) is to replace the zucchini with White Scallop Squash for a heartier flavor.

It really was good as FLOCK!!

-Kubatie-

Sorry been lurking here for about a year and not posting. Just have had nothing important to say.
    "No man may fight beyond his strength" - Homer

The eggs should have given it that quiche texture, but I like your puff pastry idea too. I thought about using a phille' dough as a topper but I haven't ventured there yet. Mine quiche's up really nice already. Gonna have to try your conversion with puff pastry.
    Must stick with Zucchini though. I gotta use them up. I have zucchini coming out of my ears and I hate freezing it and canning is out of the question unless I want soup.. Fresh Zuc is the only way to go for me. lol

Just got a request to make it again for a potluck. (with the puff pastry) <<< GREAT recipe.
    "No man may fight beyond his strength" - Homer

Excellent! Thanks!
    My church loves it too! I never have leftovers.