Thread: Terminated? Sarah Connor Cronicles

Default Terminated? Sarah Connor Cronicles

I enjoyed this show when it was on live broadcast. Unfortunately like most shows that make you think or cover ground that some find uncomfortable (Jericho, Firefly) it got cancelled just as it was really picking up steam to cover some really interesting ground.

I happened to be in Best Buy to pick up a new microwave (old one rusted out after 20 years) and guess what i spotted in the $10 bin? Both seasons on DVD. Grabbed them without a 2nd thought. I had seen them close to $100 i think when first out... not going to miss a ripe plum like that.

Just me or anyone else into that show?
    Last edited by bruss01; 05-23-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I enjoyed it and thought it really didn't deserve to be canceled , but I really haven't missed it since. I enjoyed the TERMINATOR movies as well.

I can't tell you what shows I like, because everytime I like something, it gets cancelled

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrobert View Post
    I can't tell you what shows I like, because everytime I like something, it gets cancelled
    same with me
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

It was getting too close to Google.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

One thing I liked about the series was the fact that because of the time-travel aspect, the past and the future kept changing.

In season 2 of SCC it starts to get confusing because they start encountering people who they knew from the "future" who they had witnessed collaborate with the Skynet, who in the "altered" future, had made different choices. One person's future becoming another's past.

This dovetails with the whole "No fate, but what we make" aspect of the entire franchise. SC, John and the rest are tirelessly struggling to thwart the emergence of AI. But just like fire, the wheel, indoor plumbing and firearms, the development of AI at some point is INEVITABLE. The question, as the "John Henry" story branch pursues, is there a way to co-exist? So on some level, there is "fate" in the sense that Skynet or some version of it, will exist... the "no fate" part is, as Rodney King famously asked "Can't we all just get along?"

I think the series got dumped because the average viewer tends to tune in once in a while expecting to see cyborg battles and didn't have the attention span for a complex and philosophical over-arching story like this. Too bad because I think it addresses some fundamental issues that humanity is going to be dealing with over the next decade or two.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Unless kim comes through.....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I suspect that some of these programs get canceled because of two things...

One they do not get enough viewers/ratings to justify the sponsors..

And two...even worse...

They give you food and substance for people to think outside the box of "Herd Mentality."

This is the very dangerous one.......breaking away from the Herd...away from Ishmaelite thinking and programming.

I asked myself ...long ago...why Tom Clancy's "Without Remorse " was never made into a movie when so many other Clancy Books were adapted to film.

I concluded that it would give the public ideas about going after drug dealers outside the "Herd Mentality" being imposed upon us. It would cause chaos in the drug industry when so many are concealed up to the highest offices in the land....dependent on the drug business...both legal and illegal sides of it.

Just my .02,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 11-06-2017 at 09:23 AM.