Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: As yet, unconfirmed, but interesting

Being left handed and right eye dominate means you are artistic, creative, a problem solver and a doer. Your gears are constantly turning, even in your sleep you create and solve issues.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I write left, shoot and bat right, eat with both hands, it goes quicker that way

I knew there was something......... I too am left handed right eye dominant! Dead serious. I can shoot pool equally left or right handed, shoot a pistol almost equally right or left (better right handed) shoot either a left or right bow, eat with normal utensils only left handed, chop sticks either hand, only write left handed, can only shoot a long gun right handed (I'm guessing that's from habit), can only bat right handed, throw right handed. It's crazy so many on here are like this. I had a hard time in school until my mother bought nee note books with the spiral on top.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

oh, ring binder hell, I remember that too Now its just keyboarding!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Being left handed and right eye dominate means you are artistic, creative, a problem solver and a doer. Your gears are constantly turning, even in your sleep you create and solve issues.

Hmmm...never heard any of this Camouflaged. I reckon I'll have to get out more.

Not really very artistic in the artsy term of the word....but doer and problem solver ...yes. And Yes..gears often turning ...even when asleep.

Often come up with a solution when putting a problem aside..and not stressing over it..it just seems to come ...sort of out of no where. If I stress on it....I get aggravated....best to put it aside for awhile.

Thanks for that informations,

Orangetom

Ahhhh, but you're wrong. I see your artsy arctic skills every time you post. You pen paint with your keyboard. Although you can be a bit excessive with length, your writing is beautifully art formed. Don't underestimate yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Hmmm...never heard any of this Camouflaged. I reckon I'll have to get out more.

Not really very artistic in the artsy term of the word....but doer and problem solver ...yes. And Yes..gears often turning ...even when asleep.

Often come up with a solution when putting a problem aside..and not stressing over it..it just seems to come ...sort of out of no where. If I stress on it....I get aggravated....best to put it aside for awhile.

Thanks for that informations,

Orangetom
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

That's what we'll call his writing; artistic! Somewhat poetic. Excellent!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

It is!
    One thing I like about OT, and there are many, but the one thing that truly confirms my assessment is that not only does he get deep into the culture of his writing with a lot of explanations, he explains the explanations in layman terms that I can understand even without knowledge from the initial intent. Most people can not do that. He impresses me.

Good grief...I am a but stunned Camouflaged...but thank you for all of that.

I was referring to Artsy in the view of the woman I am seeing ...she is to me artsy..with flowers..colours, plants..décor...etc.

I am currently helping her with cutting up sections of wood...to make sort of a diorama..type thing with small plants..benches...

It seems that the latest craze is plants to create a type of Elf diorama. I am not sure diorama is the proper word...but I liken it to how one makes a whole scene with a model airplane or a railroad set...the town..the general store...etc etc. But this is some kind of Elf decoration with small selected plants. This seems to be popular in some of these do it yourself type television programs.

But I had not considered what you describe as artsy in word form. Never was into poetry and such.

But I do like reading...and in particular olde books...I Love the smell of an olde bookstore...and around Colonial Williamsburg there are several..and a few here downtown.
    And on occasion...one runs across a real jewel of a book in a yard sale or a flea market.

And one of the tell tales I began to notice by reading older books is that our language abilities is fallen to a newspaper level or further. Our ability to describe a concept or deep idea one to another is lacking....vocally. Hence many, and for some time now, seem want to use an emotive word to substitute for language skills...and even thinking today.
    Does that make some kind of sense in todays upside down world?? I'm here to tell you Camouflaged..theses olde folks back then who were educated and literate..could read and write...and also had an extensive vocabulary. I suppose this is why I admire many of the older books.

Something interesting happened this week at work. I brought two books to work ..one to give to a supervisor I know who is also a Civil War History Buff.

This book is called "Mr. Secretary" circa 1940.... by Ben Ames Williams. Ben Ames Williams is the pen name for the Secretary of War under Abraham Lincoln...Edwin Stanton.

In this book Edwin Stanton describes how he sabotaged the Union War efforts to make the war continue and give victories or at least allow the Confederate armies to escape with most of their gear. This is the deep state at work..way back then.

The other book I paid $150.00 to acquire..it is titled..."This One Mad Act" by Izolla Forester. Izolla Forester is the granddaughter of John Wilkes Booth. She was a reporter in the 1920/30s in New York and investigated into what was the story ...behind her grandfather. She found an extensive reversal of what is in the history books...and that John Wilkes booth did not perish in that barn..but lived unto 1879 and gave up the ghost in Ceylon, India. While he did shoot Lincoln..it is the aftermath which is being described in this book by Izolla Forrester...which does not fit with the official history told and taught to most of us. Again...but much less than Edwin Stanton...she gives hints as to what the deep state had done.

Well ...long story short...related to language and knowledge...I decided to ask many of the younger people around me if they knew who was John Wilkes Booth. To my amazement .....most of them had no clue. I was not prepared for this. Mostly the people who read a lot of history knew..and there were significantly few of them.

This was standard history when I went to school.

Lack of historical Knowledge and also loss of vocal ability/words....heavy reliance on emotions...defining ones self by emotions ..but not the ability to think, reason , and vocally relate ones abilities by language faculties...this is what I have learned about much of todays people and thinking.

It is books Camouflaged...and it is my mother who began me down this road to reading...and for which I am ever grateful to her. She is an avid reader....in English as well as German..even the olde HocDeutsch..the older form of High German. When I was younger I had no idea how far a love of reading..or down what roads my mother's influence would be taking me.

My thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 05-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I think you might be confusing arts with crafts. There is a difference. I've been avid in both for many many years.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Good grief...I am a but stunned Camouflaged...but thank you for all of that.

I was referring to Artsy in the view of the woman I am seeing ...she is to me artsy..with flowers..colours, plants..décor...etc.

I am currently helping her with cutting up sections of wood...to make sort of a diorama..type thing with small plants..benches...

It seems that the latest craze is plants to create a type of Elf diorama. I am not sure diorama is the proper word...but I liken it to how one makes a whole scene with a model airplane or a railroad set...the town..the general store...etc etc. But this is some kind of Elf decoration with small selected plants. This seems to be popular in some of these do it yourself type television programs.

But I had not considered what you describe as artsy in word form. Never was into poetry and such.

But I do like reading...and in particular olde books...I Love the smell of an olde bookstore...and around Colonial Williamsburg there are several..and a few here downtown.
    And on occasion...one runs across a real jewel of a book in a yard sale or a flea market.

And one of the tell tales I began to notice by reading older books is that our language abilities is fallen to a newspaper level or further. Our ability to describe a concept or deep idea one to another is lacking....vocally. Hence many, and for some time now, seem want to use an emotive word to substitute for language skills...and even thinking today.
    Does that make some kind of sense in todays upside down world?? I'm here to tell you Camouflaged..theses olde folks back then who were educated and literate..could read and write...and also had an extensive vocabulary. I suppose this is why I admire many of the older books.

Something interesting happened this week at work. I brought two books to work ..one to give to a supervisor I know who is also a Civil War History Buff.

This book is called "Mr. Secretary" circa 1940.... by Ben Ames Williams. Ben Ames Williams is the pen name for the Secretary of War under Abraham Lincoln...Edwin Stanton.

In this book Edwin Stanton describes how he sabotaged the Union War efforts to make the war continue and give victories or at least allow the Confederate armies to escape with most of their gear. This is the deep state at work..way back then.

The other book I paid $150.00 to acquire..it is titled..."This One Mad Act" by Izolla Forester. Izolla Forester is the granddaughter of John Wilkes Booth. She was a reporter in the 1920/30s in New York and investigated into what was the story ...behind her grandfather. She found an extensive reversal of what is in the history books...and that John Wilkes booth did not perish in that barn..but lived unto 1879 and gave up the ghost in Ceylon, India. While he did shoot Lincoln..it is the aftermath which is being described in this book by Izolla Forrester...which does not fit with the official history told and taught to most of us. Again...but much less than Edwin Stanton...she gives hints as to what the deep state had done.

Well ...long story short...related to language and knowledge...I decided to ask many of the younger people around me if they knew who was John Wilkes Booth. To my amazement .....most of them had no clue. I was not prepared for this. Mostly the people who read a lot of history knew..and there were significantly few of them.

This was standard history when I went to school.

Lack of historical Knowledge and also loss of vocal ability/words....heavy reliance on emotions...defining ones self by emotions ..but not the ability to think, reason , and vocally relate ones abilities by language faculties...this is what I have learned about much of todays people and thinking.

It is books Camouflaged...and it is my mother who began me down this road to reading...and for which I am ever grateful to her. She is an avid reader....in English as well as German..even the olde HocDeutsch..the older form of High German. When I was younger I had no idea how far a love of reading..or down what roads my mother's influence would be taking me.

My thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.