Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinach,beans,strawberries,blackberries are flooding my gardens!

I don't like you
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I don't like you
    its not her fault nothing worth growing grows in Alaska! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Wrong lol
    We grow world record size veggies their skeeter boy

We also grow great pot.

Well at least that's what al told me
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Everything grows fast and big in Texas! But... You do have to have a green thumb in this climate.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Just finishing up on all the strawberries, then Ill work on the blackberries tomorrow. My back is giving me fits.
    This is the last batch of todays picking and im not gonna make jam out of these. Just gonna eat them. Yummy! So sweet and ripe!

Stick a toothpick in them and dip them in chocolate syrup or fudge. That makes for some fantastic Scooby snacks, and I'll be delighted to play the part of Scooby Doo.

I gambled and won here in my little garden, this year. The seed starts were too late, but just bought plants from Home Depot and planted them much earlier this year and preserved them through the one freeze that happened here. Only planted Romas, not Cherry, and Serranos. Sure is nice having salsa a few steps away, and salsa is a staple here.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

No no no no and NO! That ruins them. They are so sweet and natural and juicy on their own. They need no help from additives. We ate several last night after dinner. Heavenly delicious all by themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Stick a toothpick in them and dip them in chocolate syrup or fudge. That makes for some fantastic Scooby snacks, and I'll be delighted to play the part of Scooby Doo.

I harvested a short row (back corner of my kitchen garden) of cabbage this morning. 8 Nice big heads . I'll cook one tonight with bacon grease to serve with cornbread and Braut, and save the other for stew to can. The long rows in the back gardens are for pickling with carrots and okra, and fermenting sauerkraut and making cabbage rolls and More stews for a this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I harvested a short row (back corner of my kitchen garden) of cabbage this morning. 8 Nice big heads . I'll cook one tonight with bacon grease to serve with cornbread and Braut, and save the other for stew to can. The long rows in the back gardens are for pickling with carrots and okra, and fermenting sauerkraut and making cabbage rolls and More stews for a this winter.

You got a place big enough for me to pitch my tent by your house? I swear, I'm gaining weight just from reading and looking at your posts!