Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MASSIVE CYBER ATTACK: 12 countries targeted!

Default MASSIVE CYBER ATTACK: 12 countries targeted!

A series of ongoing cyber attacks that have hit 12 countries across Europe and Asia, impacting the public health system in Britain, apparently involve a leaked hacking tool from the National Security Agency.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05/...-crippled.html
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Way i see it, it can only get worse.
    We have become too dependent on the internet.

I hope you're wrong but I think you might be right. Scary situation. It's not the Internet I'm concerned about though... Speaking for myself, I can live without Internet. Health services, waterway dams, first responders, fueling stations and banking would be my main concerns.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Why does this type of hacker not strike on monday morning and get a few days out of it, instead of midday friday when they get all weekend to fix it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Maybe they don't work on Fridays....But that is kinda funny to think about. It always seems to happen on a Friday, you're right. lol

Because there's no meat to it ......
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Lmao! TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Why does this type of hacker not strike on monday morning and get a few days out of it, instead of midday friday when they get all weekend to fix it.
    maybe he is they guy getting paid to fix it and needs to get the rest of his rent money.....ahhh who am I kidding he is still living in mommies basement.
    Vox Populi!

Maybe because he knows they can not fix it and will pay him.

If this happened to most banks then it could close down much of the commerce in this country. I would guess that is WILL happen to banks at some point in the future. When credit cards, debit cards, and EBT cards quit working I bet it makes the news.
    Already most banks including the Federal Reserve bank have admitted to being hacked but those times not shut down. Banks can not operate if they disconnect from the internet. The hacking situation Will get worse. It Will effect everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Maybe because he knows they can not fix it and will pay him.

If this happened to most banks then it could close down much of the commerce in this country. I would guess that is WILL happen to banks at some point in the future. When credit cards, debit cards, and EBT cards quit working I bet it makes the news.
    Already most banks including the Federal Reserve bank have admitted to being hacked but those times not shut down. Banks can not operate if they disconnect from the internet. The hacking situation Will get worse. It Will effect everyone.
    And THAT is why the FBI needs to get on the ball and find a group of these creeps and then we need to stick 'em in a hole so deep sunlight takes an eon to get down to them
    If they're in a foreign country that won't render them over, I say get Seal Team 6 and clean them out.