Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hickory Cane Corn

I did get it, thank you. I haven't had an opportunity to plant yet. That's great news on the germination.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I did get it, thank you. I haven't had an opportunity to plant yet. That's great news on the germination.
    Cool. If the 2015 grew that good you should get a good yield. Like I said, I only eat the bean, the pods aren't very good.But the beans are dam good. Thanks again for the corn.

Here's a pic I snagged before heading back to Va. This morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey flock , this corn you sent is doing great, even with our dry weather. I have an 8 foot deer fence around my garden and some of it is a foot taller than the fence. I did water it once, but can't believe how tall and good looking it is . We've only had 1 1/4 inches of rain in about 5 weeks. Can't wait to eat some . Thanks !!!

Mine have tassels and I see ears, haven't walked it in about or so, I'm going to go check it out shortly. It's been so hot here that I'm working two shifts. 6 to 2 then about 530 to around dark thirty, so I'm home right now.

I have stalks pushing 10 ft. Most of the stalks have two ears each, some of the beans are starting to climb the corn. It'll be a little bit before I'll be doing any harvesting. Thanks for the update !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is just starting to tassel. Sure hope you like those beans. I love them. Thanks again !!

I'll be honest, I haven't been caring for them like I should. I planted one between each stalk, almost all came up but I'd guess 50% are still there. Some of them have really took off and climbing the corn the rest seem stunted not sure what the difference is. I'll keep you posted, and thank you!

That's odd , they usually grow really well. The 2015 seed I planted is growing like crazy, but I sow the seed thick too . I'm sure not all of it germinates. I hope yours does good, but by the looks of things , if we get some rain, I should have plenty more seed this year . I'll send you more next spring. And thank you too !!

I've been harvesting some of my corn, it's delicious!